#1.

Monday, August 18, 1989

**"Yaz get up!" Yazmine's Aunts voice rung threw her ears. She grunted and slowly turned over in her bed and gripped her pillow.

   "Yazmine, get yo ass up." She soon felt a pillow thrown her way and lifted up from her bed. She swung her legs over and walked towards the bathroom. She turned the doorknob and closed the door with her back.

  She slowly stripped out of her clothes and turned the hot water handle and watched as water came pouring out of the shower. She slowly stepped in and let the hot water run down her back.

  Yazmine began to think about everything that goes wrong on the first day of school.

Everyone makes friends.

But you.

Everyone is pretty.

But you.

Everyone is loved.

Yazmine slipped on her outfit and made her way out. The leaves crackled under her boots as she walked to the bus stop. She finally made it there and leaned against the gate. She slowly examined the area that she had been living in for 7 years now, since her father died. A tear formed in her eye and fell onto her face. She quickly wiped it away and and pulled her face up.

  People wet in groups talking, and laughing about their summer and about their hopes for the new year.

  Yazmine never obliged to that. She went to school to learn, eat and go home. No friends, boyfriends or extra curricular activities.

  She had one best friend who was fairly popular. She stood by her side and was loyal to Yazmine. She stood up or her and encouraged her during the hard times of her life. Yazmine appreciated and cherished her.

  The brown stained yellow bus carefully pulled up in front of the gate. Yazmine swung her book bag around her shoulder and quickly walked into the line. She found and empty seat and sat down, placing her bag beside her to imply that the seat wasn't open.

  She leaned her head against the cold window and waited for the bus to move. She watched all the happy excited teens enter on the bus. She finally made it to the school and stared at it intently.

  Yazmine swung the book bag around her and pulled out her schedule. She examined her classes. She heavily sighed and walked through the school doors. She walked through the halls and found her locker number. She opened it and put her old combination around the handle.  She closed it and turned to see Desiree leaned against the lockers with a smirk plastered on her face. She slowly formed a crooked smile.

  "Hey girl, give me a hug!" Yazmine rolled her eyes and pulled Desiree into a long hug,

   "How was your summer Yaz?" Desiree pulled away and looked at Yazmine.

   Yazmine heavily sighed. "Shitty as usual." Desiree slightly chuckled.

  "Mine wasn't, cause girl I found me a man." Yazmine extended her neck back confusingly.

   "What happened to long legs?" Desiree giggled and straightened her posture.

  "You mean snoop?" Yazmine waved her off.

   "Whatever that dog looking nigga name is."

   "Well, he think he can have his hoes around me. Shit that nigga must've hit his long ass head. But we still friends." Yaz nodded in understandment.