#1.2

Monday, August 18, 1989

Yazmine stared down at her feet as she waited in line to get up to the buffet. She rolled and curled the crisp 5 dollar bill with her fingers. Yazmine lifted her head to examine the cafeteria. Her eyes landed on Desiree who was talking to some girl with pretty long dark brown hair, butterscotch skin, and beautiful light brown eyes.

The line moved up and Yazmine placed the salad on her plate and put up a box filled with chicken tenders and placed some fries in an open place on her plate. When she got up to a lady standing next to a desk, she handed her the five dollar bill and put in her lunch number.

Yazmine walked away and searched for her friend. When she spotted her again she speed- walked over to the small table and sat down next to Desiree. Desiree pulled her into a long hug.

"So, how was your day? Made any new friends?" Yazmine didn't know whether to consider Tupac as a friend. He wasn't very focused on her. All he talked to was Christopher Wallace in 2nd period ELA, Shanequa in first period, and Snoop in 3rd period.

"Well a few." Desiree's eyes bugged wide open.

  "Really, who?" Before Yazmine could reply, a soft airy voice cleared their throat for attention. She looked over and saw the same girl she spotted in the line.

  "Oh, Yazmine this is Aaliyah, Aaliyah this is Yazmine." A sweet smile appeared on Aaliyah's lips and she pulled Yazmine in for a hug.

  "Sorry I'm a hugger." Yazmine returned her smile.

  "Oh no it's fine." Desiree smiled at the thought of her friend becoming more open.

  "Well, Liyah, Yaz, I was thinking. Maybe we should have like nicknames ya know? Y'all got some long ass names and ain't nobody got time to be saying that. " Yazmine chuckled and slowly shook her head.

  "Okay, what would mine be?" Desiree took a long pause and stared at Aaliyah. She tilted her head.

  "Maybe we can call you Lili or baby girl..." Aaliyah smiled again causing her cheek bones to rise higher than usual.

  "Yazmine you can be... Bubbles." Yazmine scrunched up her face.

  "Why bubbles?" A smirk became visible on Desiree's lips.

  "Your heart doesn't know what it wants. It flies free in the air. It's very easy to pop." Yazmine half smiled at her nickname.

  Lunch soon ended and the day had been coming to the end. Everyone waited in the loop for the buses to come. Yazmine sat down on her book bag and held her head in her hands. She stared at Tupac who was flirting with Shanequa. She slowly pushed her head down to the ground. She became lost in her thoughts

  She felt a light tap on her shoulder and jumped. She looked up and saw Tupac giggling.

  "Hey, I didn't mean to scare you."

  "It's fine, what's up?" Tupac stuffed his hands in his pockets revealing the seams in his pants.

  "Um, could I come over or something to work on the project."  Yazmine sighed heavily and slouched down.

  "Sure, is Shanequa coming?" Yazmine knew that if Shanequa was going to come then she would find some way for Tupac not to to come over.

"No, I know you felt kind of left out earlier so I just want to get some one on one with you." Yazmine nodded her head and stood up to enter the bus.

"I'll see you at 5 Tupac." Tupac nodded his head and smiled as he watched Yazmine board the bus.

What's up? Did you like it? Did ya, did ya, Did ya , did ya? Lol, y'all know I'm retarted. But fr though. Tell me how you feel.

By the way, when a chapter is labeled #1.2 it means chapter one part two. For example this #17.3 means chapter 17 part 3. Get it? Comment if ya don't and I'll change it. I was just trying a way to make my story stand out.

Vote

Comment

Share

Peace! ❤️