Chapter Ten

That was only the beginning of their rendezvous. Many, many more events were to follow. It had been three days since that whole school bus incident. I was sitting at my desk in the police department. Everything was going normally, once in awhile a call about some punk teenagers breaking and entering or something pretty minor. I looked into Jim's office noticed that he had a call, and judging by his facial expression, he was not very happy about what that person was saying. Suddenly his head shot up and looked right near the entrance to the building. I looked over also, and saw the one and only Barbara Kean. Wasn't she supposed to be in Arkham? Jim had gotten up and ran towards the door, just in time to chase her. Then, three men in uniforms came in, right up to the commissioner's office. One of them went into the office and closed the door behind him. I thought I had seen flaming strawberry red hair. Don't be silly, I scolded myself. You're just dreaming too much about him. But then two of the men started to shoot. Well fuck. A shooting? In the police headquarters? Seriously??? Anyways, I crawled under my desk to avoid getting showered with bullets. But then I heard something interesting. Wait, no. What I heard was not interesting, rather horrifying. The shooting had stopped.