Chapter Twenty Nine

"Hi-ya gorgeous!"

Before I could respond with words, I lunged at his throat. "I FUCKING HATE YOU!" Can you tell I was mad?

Oh man. I was furious.

"YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T KILL YOU RIGHT WHERE YOUR SORRY ASS STANDS!" I hollered while punching him in the chest as hard as I could.

Beyond furious?

Yeah.

He just looked down at me, acting as if I wasn't even hurting him. Suddenly, he moved away from my flying fists and grabbed my arms. "God, Harley. I missed you too, you bitch." He let go of my arms and I let them drop down to my sides. Jerome smirked at me. "Can we continue where we left off, darling?"

I could snap his fucking neck.

"Are you referring to our make-out session? If so, ABSOLUTLEY NOT." I retorted. He looked as if he was going to respond, but then thought better of it.

Good.

The bastard.

He opened his mouth to speak, then turned away from me. "So, what have you done with my dream box? You haven't wished for anything important, like a house or anything? You are stupid. It's dangerous in here, even I know that. And I created this box." He was walking away from me as he spoke, so I only caught the last two sentences.

Bastard.

"Well, for your information, I'M still trying to figure this 'box' out. You have certainly been no help to me," and, for good measure, added "asshole." I jogged to catch up with him. Jerome was a head taller than me, and he had a great leg span.

"Also," I added, 'I DO have a home. It's right there. Are you blind?"

He gazed at my house for a moment before stating, "I hate it."

Fucking bastard.

I decided to let it go. "Where are you going?" I asked him.

"My dear, I'm looking for a spot to put up MY home, since yours is complete shit." He glanced down at me; my eyes locking with his brilliant blue ones.

I wish he didn't have pretty eyes.

"I know that I'm really going to hurt my pride by asking you, but do you think that you could help me figure out this place?" I asked, chewing on my lip. "I really don't get it. I need to eat and sleep, but everything just appears when I wish for i-"

"Harley, I wish you would walk into a pile of Jell-O." He chuckled.

Just as he finished his sentence, a big blob of gelatin appeared right in front of me.

And I walked right into it.

Asshole.

I heard him laugh at me while I backed up and fell on the ground. "Jerome, you are such an asshat. Honestly, I wish you would fall into a pile of dog shit."

I burst out laughing when my wish came true.

"HEY! At least you walked into Jell-O and not something nasty! I'm pretty sure YOU are the asshat! I wish a whale carcass would fall on you!" He snickered.

Let me tell you. Whale carcasses are fucking disgusting. 1/10. Would not recommend.

Trying not to throw up, I managed to get out of the carcass. "Jerome... I'm going to kill you." I was joking around with him.

No I wasn't.

Running around the pile of dog shit, I caught up to him.

And I punched him in the face.

"Hey asshole, why doesn't anything hurt you in here?" I asked, actually curious when he didn't even flinch. He smirked-

That fucking smirk-

"Well, you see, when I designed this box, I just told it never to hurt my character if I ever sent him in here."

"Character?"

"Yeah. You see, your real human body is still passed out in my pent house, and my human body is sitting in the living room." He responded, like he's practiced it all the time.

I was so curious, I just couldn't stop asking questions.

"How long will I be here? How long will you be here? How did you create this place? What 'magic' did you use to make all this possible? What was with the pool of liqu-"

"My dear,"  he interrupted, I will be unhappy to answer any questions you may have later. But for now, shut up. I'm going to be making MY home."

Thinking he was done, I began to speak, but I got cut off again by him.

"I wish Miss Autumn would never be allowed inside my home unless I wish otherwise."

Asshole.

"Whatever Jerome. I don't need your sorry ass. I'll survive on my own. I'll figure this place out on my own." Turning away, I genuinely felt disappointed. I had begun to think that we could live without wanting to kill each other.

But I guess I was wrong.

I started to walk away from him. Tears stung my eyes while I walked farther and farther away from him.

Why was I crying?

I guess being alone really messes with a person. AND when you finally get someone, you hope for too much.

I don't know. Maybe I was being childish. I don't care. I wanted company, but I didn't want him.

I wanted a friend.