Sidetracked

TGIF!!!:) Enjoy this chappy :) Also, this is the part where I whore out my other story, Strawberries and Cream. Read it if you can;)

~PR~

Outside is even more beautiful than I'd expected. I guess it looks better because the sun's beginning to set. Jane and I walk along a path through the woods that we hadn't noticed earlier.

"Are we even supposed to be out here?" Jenny asks me. She's a half step in front of me for crying out loud, why in the hell is she asking me?

"Dude, you're leading the way," I retort, "And even if we weren't, there'd be like, twelve vampires on out tail." I look behind us. No vampires.

"Hey, the only reason I'm leading the way is because I know where Fluffy is. And I don't think they'd send out twelve vampires. Maybe just one or two." She laughs at me. I don't understand about the knowing where Fluffy was part, but I go along with it anyway.

"You don't gotta go along with anything. I would explain if you just asked. " I jump a little. What in the hell?

"You can read my mind?" She looks at me, and then away again, hesitant.

"Well... it's more like a radio tuning that's all static and snippets. I can hear it sometimes, but only long enough to understand one or so thoughts." My eyebrows furrow and I suck my teeth.

"You suck. I don't have any cool powers." I whine. Jenny laughs at me.

"Shut up. You're still cooler than me." She smiles a warm smile I've only seen a handful of times. I smirk back at her. She turns left, off of the path, and I follow.

"How do you know where... Fluffy is?" I'll have to get used to calling the 400 pound killing machine Fluffy. But then again, it shouldn't make a difference since I'm a better killing machine and my terrifying name is... wait for it... Jane! Scary right?

"Well, there's this other thing I can do. James was in the process of explaining it to me. Apparently I can see connections. When I thought about finding Fluffy earlier, one of your strings glowed brighter than the rest. I think it glowed so that I could find her." She finishes her sentence like she has a hard time believing it. Shit, I have a hard believing it.

"Well..." I link her arm with mine, "We'll follow the glowing connection string to Fluffy." I start skipping and she bursts out laughing.

"Okay." There's a ruffle and James's twin appears. He looks miffed at her.

"What do you want, Jack?" Jenny asks him, not really in the mood for his asshole-like nature. He cocks his head to the side, blue eyes wavering for just a moment.

"I, uh... I came to see if you were alright." He nods at me. Jenny steps in front of me and hisses. I jump a couple of yards back, hand latching me onto a tree. Literally. Her eyes glow in the dimness as the sun sets.

"You didn't seem to care earlier you fucking prick!" She shoves him hard and he stumbles back, anger replacing his nervousness. He stops her fist when it comes flying at his face. I jump off the tree, digging my fingers out of it's bark and flit over to them.

"Cut it out Jenny." She snatch her fist back and Jack growls. I frown. Yeah. I'm gonna have to do something about him.

"Jack, Jenny, I don't know what's going on, but I can guarantee whatever it is isn't worth damaging our first impressions of each other. We're gonna be stuck with each other for a long time so we should at least try to get along." My face twitches in annoyance. Jenny backs away from Jack , sneering.

"He showed like, no emotion when you passed out Jane! He practically said he didn't care about you!" Jenny points at Jack, screaming at the top of her lungs.