The Me In The Mirror

Hello, so sorry it took me so damn long to upload, things have just been crazy with my senior year in highschool and all. I will ry to be more... I don't know... requent(?) with my uploads, but I can't promise anything. Also, if you're tired of my total baby bitch ranting, please go check out my other story, Strawberries and Cream. It's 18+. It's really good. Well... I think it's really good. But don't read it if you're not old enough:)

~PR~

I am on the ground. Laying, looking up at the sky. There are trees all around me. It is not quiet. There are voices. Whispering voices telling me not to look at the sky. But to look at the trees. But I like this sky. It's much different from the sky in my world. This sky is white. And not white like it's a snowy day. It is rather cold though. It's white like a blank canvas. And it isn't deep like the sky. It's as depth-less as a piece of paper. The voices get meaner, telling my to look at the trees. The trees are different too. They are not green and brown. They are black. And bare. No leaves of life are on them. There are no bugs. There are no animals. The voices are happy that I've looked at the trees. Now, they want me to look at the ground. Lying down, it's a bit of a drag to look at the ground, so I lift myself up on two elbows.

The ground is different too. It's a darkish gray. There isn't any dirt. There are no leaves decorating the floor. No tiny pebbles. There are rocks though, all a neutral gray, all bigger than a basketball. The voices tell me to stand. I sigh and look back up at the sky. I frown. 

There wasn't any black up there. My face is a question mark. But there, up in the shallow sky, it a tiny black dot. Like someone dotted a period at the end of a sentence. I look at it, confused. I wonder if I just missed it before, and then quickly dismiss the thought. These new eyes don't miss anything. 

The voices get even meaner than before, telling me to get my ass up. I sigh again, unhappy. I don't want to move. But I'd rather not have these annoying voices ruin my scenery. I get up, my body casting afterimages that make me jump a bit. After the initial surprise, I don't question the ten or so shadows of myself, disappearing at the end, reappearing right after me.

The voices tell me to walk. So I walk. 

I keep walking. For such a long time. I want to run. But I'm suddenly very aware that running won't get me to where I'm going any faster.

The voices have stopped. But I'm sure that if I stop walking, they will start nagging again.

The black dot in the sky is getting bigger as I walk. It grows. And grows. Until it's almost as big in the sky as the sun. Maybe it is the sun. Then the fact that there is no sun or moon here flits into my mind. I wonder what it is. 

The walk pays off finally, when I see a cave. A white cave, raising from the ground neatly and creating a perfect half-circle. The inside of the cave is gray. There are no rocks. I continue into the cave. The neutral gray gets darker and darker until it's a charcoal black. I keep going though, because I see something deeper. A light? No.

A reflection. At the lowest part of the cave is a mirror. A plain, rectangular, floor to ceiling mirror. In it, it me. A black and white me. My skin is gray. My hair black. My eyes dulled back to their regular, human gray. The shadows of me behind me peek over my shoulder, making me jump. They look into the mirror at me, and then, faster than even my eyes can see, they flit into the mirror, becoming my image. The ten or so of me merge, and form a clearer, more tangible form.

This me has white hair. Black skin. But the eyes are the same. The same, dull gray hey were in my human life.

I stare at her. Knowing it's me, but not me.