Ubernarural

Large chunks of branch fly everywhere as the huge bear hacks through everything in it’s way to get to us. I’m almost hit a total of four times until I really am hit. Being a vampire and all, I didn’t think his hit would hurt. I’d fallen out of the sky for heavens sake! But it did hurt. It hurt so bad.

I take the claw, in all it’s sharpness and anger, like a champ. It cuts through me though, tearing me almost in half at my side. I scream, choking on my own blood, and then Jenny has me. Her arms protectively cradling me. On the forest floor. Right at the feet of the bear. I look up at Jenny, and she looks down at me, tears falling onto my face.

“Run.” I manage to choke out. I can feel myself healing, but I won’t be up on my feet, let alone running, for a while. Giving the bear more than enough time to finish me off. Hopefully by that time, Jenny would be at the edge of the island and try to locate the others. As long as Jenny survives, I’ll be happy.

“No.” She doesn’t surprise me by saying. Maybe in my half conscious mind, I really believed Jenny would leave me at the mercy of the bear kid thing. I look past her, to the bear, and it seems that the entire world has slown. It’s roaring mouth is wide open, baring huge, sharp teeth. It’s arm raised in a swiping movement hovers in the air, almost suspended. And then I look past the bear, to the treetops, and the animals and insects busily running and flying around. A squirrel jumps from tree to tree. A dragonfly hovers above a branch where a brown and black furry spider waits to pounce. I see them all moving at a normal pace. I frown. Maybe I’m already dead, and don’t quite understand the nonliving world. I look back at the bear boy, and then back at Jenny. The bear is still not moving, and above me, Jenny takes slow, calming breaths. Then, for the first time, I feel a pulsating wave of power wash over me. But it’s not my own power. It’s Jenny’s. It’s all I can do not to gasp as Jenny gently lays me down on the forest floor. My eyes are glued to her as she stands before the frozen bear.

How is she doing this? I look at her hands. There's no weapon.

"I'm just slowing him down. He's faster than us." Jenny explains what she's doing, but now how she's doing it.

"The mind is a powerful thing." She says cryptically. She sounds so much older. Wiser and well seasoned. I feel myself connecting back together as she raises her arm to the bear's forehead, standing on her tippy toes to reach it. She closes her eyes, and less than a second later, the much smaller kid appear, exploding from the bear's form, completely naked. I don't blush. I don't think about how Jenny has done this either. I try with all my might to stand and punch thos kid through a tree. I get up to a sitting position, but fall back, gasping from the pain. All I can do is threaten this little shit.

"You little shit, when I get up, you'll regret me saving you!" I scream at him, anger masking the immense pain I feel. I cough up blood and wince. The boy falls to the ground, eyes wild, scared, and looks for a way to run. And then he stops moving again, and I think Jane is behind it again until he slowly looks back at me, eyes wide.

"Saving me?" He whispers. Then he gasps, pointing at me.

"So it was your blood!" He shouts, utter shock on his face. I try to stand again, and make it, wobbly. I take a step toward him, angry still.

"Yes! It was me! Why else would I ask you where a bear was?" I cough again, blood pouring from my mouth, and crumple back to the ground. Jenny's there in an instant. Her strong hands- wait... these aren't Jenny's hands. The bear kid has his hold on me, gently placing my head on his lap like Jenny had.Before I can strike him, he thrust his wrist in front of my mouth.

"You need to feed from me!" He demands, and I notice his eyes. They are an ocean blue, fringed with thick, almost white lashes. I take a look at the rest of his body. All of the high-speed running has dried him off, revealing a head-full of almost pure white hair. It's dirty from the water and forest, but I can tell it's white. It contrasts drastically with his caramel skin tone. His features are strong and kind, making him look much older than he probably is. He looks otherworldly.

"Please." He interrupts my staring and pushes his wrist against my mouth. The strong, wet pulse is all I need to open my mouth and bite down and lose myself in his wonderful taste. Oh God, why does he taste so different from Grell and Mark? I drink deeply from his wrist, feeling myself heal with each swallow, but wanting more. I'm starved, and can't get enough of this. 

Hearing a weak grunt, I look up at him, silver eyes half lidded in pleasure. His blue eyes are glazed over, as if he's getting high, and his breathing is a bit shallow. With much regret, I remove my fangs from his welcoming wrist and lick the blood from my lips. He looks down at me, something in his eyes very familiar. Then, he leans down, and kisses me.

I am still too caught up in the delicious, seductive taste of his blood, that for a moment, I'm shocked into stillness. His hand moves into my hair, tangling, and I blush. He's really gotten into the kiss. He pulls away gently, and looks at me lovingly, wiping a strand of hair from my face.

"Thank you." His eyes are so filled with an emotion I can't understand that I blush a deep red, and react the only way I know how. I push him away hard, too hard maybe, because he goes crashing into a tree. I gasp, hands lying to my mouth, and get up, going after him.

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" The words rush out of my mouth sincerely and quickly. He holds up his hand, silencing me.

"It's fine. I should've warned you." His smile makes me swallow my apology. I probably didn't hurt him at all.

I clear my throat, anger seizing my body again. I almost take back my apology.

“Why did you kiss me?” I almost yell. He looks at me, his expression changing from happy to that of a slapped puppy.

“Y-You didn’t like it?” His voice is vulnerable. I almost want to take my words back again, but I know I have to be firm about this.

“No. I didn’t. Don’t do it again.” I say, voice hard. This is the way I react to all boys when they show an interest in me. I shoot them down. Completely. The kid looks down, admonished, and shakes his head yes. Feeling bad, I put my hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t feel bad about the kiss. I really didn’t mind it. I’m just a baby vamp, and kissing you makes me want to kill you.” He looks up, startled, and then bursts out laughing. I’m startled at his laughing and then start laughing along with him.

“Of course you shouldn’t feel bad about the kiss. You should feel bad about almost ripping the person who saved your life in half!” Jenny snaps, her voice still mystical and omniscient. I swallow at it’s severeness. Her eyes are still closed for some reason. She sways a bit. My eyes widen. Her head turns in the direction of the kid.

“Jen?” I say, my voice not even a whisper. I know this Jenny. She is not a Jenny I like very much. She doesn’t respond to my voice and I know. I know.

She raises her hand in the direction of the boy, and lightning fast, faster than I have ever moved before, I am blocking the space between them. And faster and slower than I think possible, a huge wave of power fills my body. It feels like I’m being torn apart. A scream rips from my disintegrating lungs and I crumple to the floor.

Everything is black