Saving Clint

Natasha brought out her phone as she ran down the steps of the hotel.

"Fury? I got the skrull to talk." She told him where they had Clint and that she was headed their immediately. 

She walked out onto the street and let out a loud sigh. She needed a car. A fast car. She glanced around then noticed one in the parking lot as someone stepped out of it. She darted towards it and climbed in. Hot wiring was the easy part now she just needed to get to Clint.

Natasha drove as fast as the car would let her trying to get to Clint as fast as possible. It didn't bother her whatsoever that the car just so happened to have a GPS, a tank full of gas, and a gun in the glove compartment. 

It had taken a few hours to get there, but she finally found the barn that was in the middle of nowhere. She grabbed her gun and put it in her holster then grabbed the other just in case. She walked towards the barn door slowly and glanced in. She had to choke back a gasp when she saw Clint with his head hanging. She finally could see that that skrull wasn't kidding. He was in pain because of her.

Natasha shook her head. She had to focus. She kept looking around inside then noticed the two men playing poker. She pulled back away from the door then took a deep breath.

"Help! Somebody help me please!" Natasha called out.

Clint's head jerked up and he looked towards the barn door then eyed the two men. They both stood and ran towards the door.

"Ma'am," one of the men said. "What're you doing all the way out here?"

Natasha held her head then looked up at him, "I- I don't know. Where am I?" 

The man eyed her then looked towards the other guy. She watched them both murmur to each other then shot one in the foot and the other in the knee. She knocked them both out then ran into the barn and right up to Clint.

"Clint?" Natasha whispered. 

Clint slowly lifted his head, "Natasha?" he whispered.

She furrowed her brows gently caressing his cheek, "I'm so sorry." she whispered. "I had to break the connection." 

"If- if we don't make it out of here," he started. "I want you to know that I love you." he said as his eyes slowly started to close.

Natasha swallowed hard trying to believe what he had just said until the lights went out leaving them in the pitch black darkness of the old barn.