three

I turned the knob and pushed open the door. in front of me stood three guys. two were older and more professional and business looking; the other was younger and more casually dressed. I recognized one of them as the man at the dance studio who I assume was the director or producer, somebody important. I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide the moment I recognized the younger boy.

I swallowed and smiled nervously as everyone looked at me waiting for me to say something. "hello, I'm penelope, nice to meet you." I said holding out my hand to the older man I didn't know. "alan, pleasure to meet you." he said shaking back firmly. "oliver, I believe we've met before." the man at the dance studio said with a friendly smile. I nodded and glanced to the younger guy.

"this is samuel wilkinson," he said gesturing to the boy I rudely 'rejected' at the door a little while ago. "call me sam." he said smirking slightly. "okay," I said uncomfortably, trying hard to mask it.

the door opened again and rebecca walked in, thank god. she usually does most of the talking at meetings and stuff. "hello, I'm rebecca, penelope's agent." she introduced herself strongly. she was really good at talking and socializing, she was powerful. I on the other hand, usually hated when I had to be professional and what not. as a teenager, I feel uncomfortable being an adult with other real adults when I'm not truly one myself. that's why I'm not as awkward with people my age, once I get to know them atleast.

as I thought all of this to myself they had been meeting each other. we all sat down in our intended seats and alan began talking. "so, sam here is the artist of the song, 'aye ma'. oliver is the director of the music video, and I am sam's agent. I nodded slightly to show I was listening, but didn't respond since most of the information was being directed at rebecca.

"okay, so I'd like to know what exactly she'd be doing in the music video.." rebecca asked. "well, she would only be dancing, no singing or talking. she would mostly be smiling and posing and touching sam. basically modelling." oliver explained.

I nodded, mostly listening to what he was saying. I had to try hard to keep my attention because all I could think about was how awkward it was going to be working with sammy after our first encounter.

eventually after a lot of boring adult talk, this meeting started wrapping up. "do you have any questions, alan?" rebecca asked. "no, everything's pretty much been worked out with sam since this is his song. I'm here today more for signing things." alan answered politely. "penelope, do you have any questions?" "um, no I don't think so." I said quietly. I internally cringed at how shy I was.

I felt eyes on me and I already knew who they belonged to. I glanced up to see sammy with a smile playing on his face staring at me with no shame whatsoever. I quickly looked away not returning the smile, I didn't want him to think I was flirting with him. unfortunately, people can't be kind and smile at each other without thinking it's flirting.

"alrighty! let's get to the signing." alan said. he handed a few papers to rebecca so she could read it over before handing it to me. she finished reading the first one, handed it to me, I signed it, then the next and the next. I slid them all over towards oliver and alan, not sure which one to give it to. alan took them and stuck them in a pocket of his briefcase.

he stood up and stuck his hand out to rebecca. "pleasure doing business with you!" he said as she stood up while shaking hands with him. "and you as well!" he shook my hand next. I swallowed nervously as I shook oliver's hand and then turned to sammy. "nice to meetcha" he grinned shaking my hand. i awkwardly pulled away as he stroked his thumb over my hand. the others began walking out of the door and sammy walked around the table. instead of walking towards the door, he walked closer to me and we made eye contact. "so, what do you say we go get a bite to eat and get to know each other?" he smirked walking closer and closer to me.

everybody else had already left and the door was left open. "um, thanks, but I'm not hungry." I said trying to sound nice. he got extremely close to me and might I say, he smelled very nice. I backed up not wanting to be this close, but he continued walking towards me. "coffee?" he said as my back hit the wall right next to the door and he placed his hand on the wall next to my face.

I felt under his control, so with a sudden surge of confidence, I put my hand on his chest and pushed him backwards. "how about no, fuckboy." I said with a sarcastic smile, leaving the room.

I heard him sigh and he quickly followed me. "wow, sassy babygirl" he said catching up. "I am when I need to be." I said as I continued walking without looking at him. "I like it" he said. I rolled my eyes at his comment not even bothering to be polite and nice anymore. I could tell he was one of those people that would only take advantage of it.

"you busy tomorrow?" he said. man, this guy does not give up. "I said, no." "actually 'you said'," he mocked, "you're not hungry right now." "either way, I don't want to hang out with you." I said sternly and he sighed as he stopped following me. I walked out the front door of the building and to my car, where rebecca had been waiting. I sat for a moment trying to take in what just happened.

"what's wrong?" rebecca asked. "that guy sammy is a huge fuckboy." her eyes widened slightly for a moment because of my choice of words. "wow, you must be really angry." "I am. he just tried over and over and part of me is flattered, but it was kind of rude. he called me 'babygirl' and got really close to me. I just strongly dislike him already. it's gonna suck working with him." I ranted, groaning in frustration after.

she just listened the whole time. "oh my god! and I didn't even tell you about before the meeting! before the meeting, before I even met him or knew who he was, he stared at my body like he was a dog and I was a piece of meat." I said irritated as she nodded along.

I can't believe I had to work with this animal, but unfortunately it was too late to back out. I had already signed all the papers. all I can do now is hope that I can control myself and tolerate him as best I can until all of this is over.

hello! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i am so sorry for not updating for awhile. i meant to update once a week but as i predicted, i didn't keep up. i'll try to a week from now, but no promises lmao.