sixteen

"hey p." sam said walking up to me right as i got out of my car, like usual. i simply ignored his greeting and walked past him. 

"don't act like you don't miss me." he said cockily. "i'm not acting." i said with a monotonous tone. "why would you keep coming here everyday then?" he said, raising his arms in the air. "i'm forced to by contract." i said with a sarcastic smile. 

he gave up and continued following me as i walked up to the house to drop off my bag. "are you hungry?" he pushed. "no." i replied. 

"hey p." nate said entering the living room. "hey." i said back with a flirty smile. i walked up to him and gave him a casual hug which he returned. "oh, so he gets a hug and i don't?" sammy said with jealously lacing his tone. 

"i don't hug backstabbing fuckboys." i said as calmly as possible. i wanted to show him that i was still a little angry about the situation, because i was afraid if i completely showed i was uninterested, he might give up. if he gave up, that would ruin the entire plan.

there was clearly an awkward tension in the air as it fell silent, sam's shoulders drooped slightly and nate cleared his throat. 

"well, i was going to hang out in the water, want to come?" nate asked, just as i noticed he was in his swim trunks. "i would, but we have to film, i'm sorry." i said, sighing. 

"next time." he said with a friendly smile, leaving the room. i nodded back and picked up my bag again. i decided i would leave it in nate's room, just to piss off sam even more. 

i walked upstairs with my bag in hand as sam watched me walk away. "where are you going?" he asked. "nate's room." i simply said. "why?" he continued. "i don't answer to you like a dog, sam." i said. 

i almost said something along the lines of 'you aren't my father' but figured he would make a sexual reference.

he sighed in frustration and followed me, of course. i walked to nate's room ignoring his presence and left my bag on the bed. as i noticed he wasn't following me. curious, i turned around, and as i did i saw him leaving nate's room with my bag in his hand.

"what are you doing?" i asked with a raised voice. he ignored me, which only angered me more. 

"give it back!" i yelled as he carried it into his room. he ignored me once again and i went after him as he dropped it on his bed. "you can leave it in here." he said, smirking. i avoiding smacking him across the face as i picked it up. "oh my fucking god." i cursed irritably under my breath.

he stood watching my reaction as i stormed away with it. i felt my words bubbling up, realizing that this anger was genuine, and not just an act as part of my plan. "just fuck off sam!" i yelled.

i heard him scoff as i stomped back in to nate's room and threw it back on the bed. i didn't understand him at all. did he think that i would just not retaliate at all and say nothing? it's like he enjoyed getting a rise out of me. now that i think about it, i'm sure he did this just to get some kind of reaction from me. it made sense, since i had been ignoring him all week. 

but that didn't excuse it at all. it seemed like all he did was dig a hole for himself deeper and deeper. he always ends up crawling back to me anyway, apologizing like his 'i'm sorry''s even make a difference anymore. 

i was really in the mood to slam a door but i knew it wasn't worth it, and nate's doorframe didn't deserve anything. i belly flopped on to nate's bed and shoved my face in a pillow. i groaned loudly and sat there for a moment, then stood up and took a deep breath.

i turned around to leave, then gasped when i saw sammy was standing there, most likely watching me the entire time. my face relaxed again and i rolled my eyes at him standing there, so entertained by my frustration. "are you done being dramatic?" he asked with his arms crossed, looking so amused.