twenty (epilogue)

i was sat at my couch, scrolling through my phone while i ate an apple. my phone began ringing in my hand and sam's name showed up. i let it ring for a second and then answered, bringing it up to my ear. "hey sam." i answered. 

"hey, could you come over?" he asked, he sounded a little shaky, kind of nervous. "uh yeah, i think so. is everything okay?" i asked warily. "yeah everything's fine." he said, clearing his throat. 

"alright, i'll be over in a bit." i said, hanging up. i fixed my hair a little and grabbed my purse, then went to my car. i got in and drove over, trying to be casual even though his tone made me a little worried on the phone. 

i finally got there and went up to the door, walking in instead of knocking. "i'm here!" i announced, going up the stairs towards his room. i knocked on the door and saw him sitting in there on his bed. 

he stood up and walked over to me, smiling although it looked slightly forced. "hey, how are you?" he said, holding my hand. he was acting really awkward. "i'm fine, how are you sam? you're acting really weird.." i said quietly. 

"um can we talk? about us?" he said sounding more serious. i watched him for a moment as he shifted on his feet, avoiding my eyes. "yeah. yeah, let's talk." i said, sitting on his bed. he sat beside me and held me hand.

"look, i'm not trying to scare you off or anything okay? but i've never felt the way i feel about you, about anyone else before. it kind of freaks me out and that's why i acted like an asshole before, and i'm sorry. you drive me absolutely crazy but i love it." he said with a breathy chuckle at the end. 

i swallowed nervously and looked down. "please say something." he said while i pondered my thoughts. "i-i feel kind of the same way about you sam." i whispered. he gently reached up and grabbed my jaw, turning my face towards him as he leaned in. i closed my eyes and our lips met, and it felt different from the other kisses we've shared. 

our other kisses were urgent and lust-filled, but this one felt so caring, and gentle. like he really meant it, like we needed it not wanted it. 

we pulled apart and looked up at each other. "will you, penelope wilson, be my girlfriend?" he said in a jokingly serious manner, as if we were getting married or something. "i do!" I said dramatically throwing my arms around him. we laughed with each other until it died down. 

"but sam, no more games, okay? i mean it. just you and me, boyfriend and girlfriend." i said, eyeing him seriously. he smiled down at me and nodded. "of course babygirl." 

--

A/N: and that's the end of Dancer!! thank you all for your feedback, and thank you for your support! i'm sorry this story is ending, and that there may be some parts left open like the music video for example. but i hope you can overlook that. thank you for reading my story!!