seventeen

i yawned and woke up, lifting my head up to see nate still sitting with his head laid back, snoring. i chuckled under my breath and sat up. i saw that the movie had just ended and it was still light outside.

i sighed deeply as i remembered everything that happened earlier today, how i was texting sam. i pulled out my phone to check, and there was still no answer from him. i noticed i had emails to go so i began sorting through them. most of them were business emails so i forwarded them to rebecca.

i noticed one from freshlee records so i opened it. i skipped through the boring introduction part and saw that it said we wouldn't be filming for another week due to 'issues with the filming location'. i knew that was bullshit and the truth was sam was avoiding me. he obviously knew he had to talk to me eventually, seeing he postponed the music video for only a week.

why bother stopping it? all that is doing is inconveniencing a bunch of people and wasting everybody's time because of our personal issues. it was unprofessional and rude. i felt bad that all the people working with the music video were being affected by this feud yet again.

it's also annoying because this music video had already been dragged out for so long. it was meant to take a week to film and it's already taken an extra two weeks, and now another. it was so unnecessary and exhausting. i knew that i had to get a hold of sam and finish this ridiculous back and forth fighting.

i figured i wasn't going to reach him over phone, and this whole thing couldn't wait any longer. "nate" i gently shook him. "yeah?" he said groggily, rubbing his eyes as he woke up. "nate, i need to find sam." i said, still in a hushed tone. "what?" he said still slightly confused. "i need to find sam." i repeated, growing impatient.

"uh, yeah. okay." he said, standing up slowly. "thank you so much for coming over. you made me feel so much better." i said, patting his back. i wasn't trying to be rude, but i really needed to get nate out of here so i could figure out what to do myself. i appreciated nate and all his help, but if i tracked down sam with nate, it would just make everything worse.

"yeah, good luck." he said, his voice still a bit raspy. i gave a friendly smile as he showed himself out. i cleaned up a bit, throwing trash out and putting the bag of junk food and candy away.

i sat down, stumped on where he might be. he obviously won't tell me if i ask, in fact he won't answer at all. i considered asking his friends, but why would they want to help me? i screwed over their friend, so i don't imagine i'm on their good side currently.

i took a shower then put on some makeup to look a bit more presentable. then i got in my car to drive to the beach house. chances are slim that he will be there, but i don't know where else to go. in the short time i've known sam, we've only ever hung out at the beach house and my house, along with a few parties.

i was getting so tired of this entire thing. we just went back and forth, being mad at each other, ignoring each other. it was such a waste of time, and so tiring. i just wanted to find sam, apologize, and both commit to each other rather than fucking around. and i think he feels the same way (although he wouldn't admit it now), but we're both just so stubborn.

i got to the beach house eventually and walked inside. i heard noise coming from the living room that sounded like a video game and the boys in the living room. i hoped that sam was one of them.

i walked in to the living room casually although i was anxious inside. "hey guys." i said as i quickly scanned the room. i noticed that sam wasn't in the living room. i sighed, knowing i have no idea where to look now. "hey" they replied as their eyes stayed glued to the screen. i assumed they knew what happened earlier and i was thankful nobody brought it up.