fifteen

"oh my gosh, you're crazy." sara said shaking her head while she sipped her starbucks. "it's going to be so worth it, though." i answered, grinning. i finally had time to catch sara up on everything that was happening.

"that's kind of hoe-ish though, hooking up with nate just to get back at sam. don't you think?" sara said carefully, her tone as un-offensive as possible. "i mean, i guess. but it's part of the plan." i said. 

"what's the goal, anyway? are you trying to get sam back?" she asked with a confused look on her face. "what?! no! i'm trying to hurt him not get him back!" i raised my voice, a little shocked. "okay, sorry, sorry! i just thought.." she said, trailing off on her sentence. 

"no. sorry. it's just.. no. i don't 'want sam back'." i said, doing air quotes with my fingers.  "and if i did, i could get him whenever i want. he's always begging me to even talk to him." she simply nodded, eyeing me suspiciously. 

"there's not even something to 'get back'. we were just friends with benefits, basically." i said, getting more annoyed by the suspicious look on her face. 

"so what about you, hmm?" i asked, ready to dig in to her personal life. i was honestly so tired of talking about mine. 

she went on to talk about her youtube channel and the boy she's been trying to go out with. i nodded and answered and payed as much attention as i could. it's not that i found listening to her boring, i just was a bit distracted. 

it felt like when i was convincing sara that i didn't want sam back, i was trying to convince myself as well. it was a battle in my head of whether i should sort out my thoughts, or push them away forever. it was kind of impossible to think that-

my phone rang, interrupting both of us. 

"sorry." i apologized to sara. she simply smiled and waved her hand, gesturing me to answer. i clicked 'accept' without looking at the name and said, "hello?" 

"where are you?" sam's voice rang through the phone. i rolled my eyes as an annoyed sigh left my mouth. "why?" i replied, trying to keep my answers short. 

"i need to see you." he said, his voice slightly quieter. i was slightly curious but kept on with my irritated attitude. 

"no, you don't need to. besides, you'll see me again tomorrow morning." i said. "why have you been ignoring my texts?" he asked, as if i haven't been ignoring them since the party. 

"why do you think, sammy? i don't want to talk to you." i answered harshly. he sighed, sounding frustrated. "look, i've apologized like a thousand times and you refuse to let me explain. i'm done chasing you, penelope. get over yourself." he said angrily, before hanging up. 

i knew that if i had heard that before, i would've gotten upset and hurt. but ever since that party, i've been a lot harder, kind of colder. i started chuckling slightly to myself and pursing my lips together to prevent myself from bursting out laughing. 

"what?" sara asked, smiling because i was laughing, but still confused. "he just went off about how he's 'done chasing me'." i said with air quotes, as i began cracking up. sara laughed along with me. 

after our laughter died down sara began speaking again. "wait, but what if he's serious? won't it mess up your plan?" she asked. "just give it a minute." i said. 

as if on cue, i got a text from sammy saying, "i'm sorry p". i began giggling again as i showed sara the text. "fuckboys are so predictable." she said. i nodded my head to her and looked down at my phone as it dinged again. 

"i didn't mean it. i'm just tired, i'm sorry" he said. it made me laugh harder, and i wiped my eyes as they began watering from laughing. 

if i'm being honest, i was a bit surprised at how consistent sammy was being. i didn't expect him to be this desperate. following me around like a lost puppy, texting and calling me all the time, apologizing endlessly. 

i was flattered, overall, and relieved that this was only helping my plan. my conscious was giving me a slight tinge of guilt, but i ignored it by remembering how i felt when he said that stuff about me at the party. 

i was not about to give up this plan now, even if i felt guilty. i promised myself i would get revenge, and hurt him the way he hurt me. so he can get a taste of his own fuckboy medicine.

sorry this chapter was short again, i suck. but i have no idea where this story is going currently, and i just want to sort everything out before i publish any big plot changes. so until then, filler chapters are all i can do. really sorry guys! but i promise it will get better, and i figured short filler chapters are better than nothing. thank you so so much for the support. i really appreciate the votes and comments, and i know i say that all the time but it's true. i absolutely can NOT BELIEVE we're about to hit 19k! wtf?! lmao that's crazy. thank you thank you thank you!!