Chapter 8

Forrest's POV,

I woke the next morning fresh and ready do the plan Abbie and Peter planes out. Turns out that Ava is going to get me to join them in some plan. I get up an take a shower, do everything that I wasn't able to do when I was in the glade. I then wake out of my room and in the testing room, Abbie and Peter were doing the regular.

"Forrest, Ava would like to have a few words with you" A WICKED worker said to me. I nodded and followed him. He opened the doors for me that relieved Ava's office. It was actually kinda big. She was sitting at her desk, she looked like she was doing some paper work.

"Ah! Forrest! Just the girl I wanted to see!" She said finishing the work.

"Please take a seat" She offered the seat in front of her. I slowly take only a few steps closer. I first look at the seat curious and supisous.

"I won't bite" She said with a small smile. I cautiously sit down waiting for something to happen.

"Now, have you heard about the virus that's going around?" She started off. Is she talking about the changing? I just nod unsure.

"Well, here at WICKED, we're trying to find a cure for it. This virus is infecting more and more people everyday. I think one of your friends was infect with this? Ben was it?" She asked me. I remember the vains, the anger that was on his face. I just nod again.

"He was going through the changing" I answered her question.

"Ah! So your group in the maze call it 'the changing'?" She asked again. I nodded again.

"Even I got infected" I told her.

"I know. We were very fortunate and was able to cure you. We just need you do something for us. It may sound simple but it's not" She informed me. I gave her a look to continue.

"We need you to be a spy for us" I gave her a confused look.

"Let me explain, like what I said before. Our world is infected with the flare and we need you and your friends to escape the maze. When you do, you'll be brought to WICKED headquarters and be cared for. That's when I'll come and take care of the rest" Ava explained the plan. Even though I was going to go with Abbie and Peter's plan. I pretend to think about it then make up my mind.

"Fine, I'll do it" I acted.

"Perfect. Follow me" She said standing up. We walked out of her office and to the door that said 'Group A Maze'. When I entered there was already a girl in the box. She looked like she already got her memory wiped.

"This is the box that will bring you up to the maze. Once your there just pretend you won't here at all. Pretend it's just another regular day in the maze" Ava explained some more. Mary was at the board switch. I gave her a wink and she returned it. I got in and the box already was moving slowly up.

"Also Forrest! if you go against us, we will do something to the Glade" Ava tried to frighten me. Yeah right she's gonna do something. 

"Wait! Wait I just want to say something before I leave" I said stopping Mary. She knew what was going to happen.

"Ava I have to tell you something important" I said like I remembered something. Ava gave me a look to go on.

"I just want to say..."

"Fuck WICKED! Yeah right I'm going to do your stupid ass plan. The real reason I want to go back in the maze is because of my friends and my brother. They're the only reason I stayed and not kill myself" I said my opinion. Mary was smiling but Ava wasn't.

"WICKED is wicked" I said then flipped the bird. Mary fastens up the speed. Ava try's to stop her but it was no use. I was already on my way.

--- Author's Note ---
Sorry this chapter is a little short. I was hoping it would be longer. Vote and comment saying you want more.