Help From A Stranger

As I sat on my roof, all I could do was take deep breaths and look at the guy who helped me. I didn't know him and I'm pretty sure he didn't know me. I watched as he searched every guard for weapons. He stopped and looked up at me and smirked.

"You gonna come down?" he asks. I don't say anything and carefully walk to the edge of the roof and look down. No way am I going to jump off a two story house.

"I think I'm just gonna take the stairs." I say as I back up.

"If you take the stairs you're risking getting shot by a guard who isn't dead. We both know there's a good chance that'll happen." he says. We walks to the house, directly under where I'm standing. "Common, I'll catch you." he says. I knew he could, seeing as how he knocker every guard down with one blow to the dirt. He was strong. His power.

"I don't think so." I say.

"You don't have any other option."

"I don't even know you." I argue. 

"And I don't know you. But yet I still saved you from and fifteen guards. Just jump already and get it over with." he says. I stare at him for a minute. He held his arms out, ready for when I jump. I close my eyes.

"You better catch me." I say. I step off the roof and suddenly it felt like all the air in my body was gone. It ended quickly when I landed in a set of strong arms that held me tightly. I opened my eyes and looked at the boy. His face was even nicer up close. I climb out if his hold right away and grab a guard's gun. I stick it in my bag along with a switch blade and a few gas bombs. 

"What are you doing?" he asks me. I don't bother looking at him, I'll only waste time. I was going to San Rebel, and I was going to get Liam out of there. Even if it takes me a day, week, month, or even a year, I am not giving up on Liam. 

"They took my brother, so I'm going to take him back." I say. I swing my bag over my shoulders and start towards the town. 

"Are you crazy? He's gone. You don't even know where he is. For all you know he's already dead." he says. Those woulds trigger something in me that makes me reach for his arm, twist it backwards and push him into a tree. I hold a firm grip right above his elbow.

"Don't you ever say that to me. I've already lost my parents, and the women who raised us. He was my only family left and I have to bring him back. So unless you want to join them," I gestured to the dead guards with my chin. "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." I release him from my hold and continue walking. 

"Then I'm coming with you." he says. He tries to keep up with my quick pace and almost trips over a broken tree branch. 

"Like Hell you aren't." This is my problem, my family, and my business. So stay out of it." I order. 

"But you need help. You saw how many guards were back there. You couldn't even stop four by yourself, so what makes you think that you'll be able to stop four hundred? I can help you." I stop and glare at him. He had a point, but I didn't want him with me. He's only slow me down and distract me. But I would've died if he didn't show up. I could use his strength. I think about this for another moment before finally giving in. 

"Fine. But if you slow me down I'll leave your ass like that." I snap. He nods and smiles, giving me this weird sensation in my stomach. I shake it off and continue walking, with the boy behind me. 

"So are you going to me your name? Or do I have to guess?" he asks. 

"Rixton, but everyone calls me Rix." I say plainly. 

"I'm Asher, but everyone calls me Ash." he says. I liked his name, it suited his face. "So, what is your plan exactly?" 

"To find San Rebel, then find my brother and bring him home." I say.

"Do you even know where San Rebel is?" Ash asks. I didn't really think about that. I don't know where it is. No one does, except the guards, and we just killed fifteen of them. "That's what I thought." he says. "Don't worry, I know a guy." he says.

Great, the guy's a criminal of some sort. What are the odds? After we cross the boarder of the town, we're exposed to a thick pine forest. I take one last look at the only home I have left, and take a deep breath, know that this may be the last time I'll ever see it. I turn around and take a step into the trees and start my journey. 

I didn't know where San Rebel was, or who Asher was and if he was to be trusted. But I knew that I would find Liam. Dead or not, he was still my brother and I was going to save him. I rubbed my ring around my middle finger, like I do when I'm nervous. I look at Asher who had his hood back up. He had a look on his face that made him seem so serious. Why did he want to help me?