2

Imogen's POV

"This is a song, which was written for me, by a dear friend of mine, but unfortunately is no longer with me… They only wrote part of it, so I finished the rest for them. I hope I did it justice… This is called Nightingale… I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised. I need to voice to echo, I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero… Is it you? I never see the forest for the trees, I could really use your melody. Baby I'm a little blind I think it's time for you to find me. Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me I know you're there. You could be my sanity, bring me peace, sing me to sleep. Say you'll be my nightingale…" This was the first time that TWLOHA decided that I would do a proper music video for a song, so I was in a cream lace dress, my black hair hanging down below my shoulders, walking round an open space in a dark forrest. "…Sing to me I know you're there…" I stopped singing along to the song as I stared into the far distance ahead of me. "Imogen…Are you ok, what's wrong?" The camera guy asked. "Sorry… I thought I saw As-…Sorry! Can we go again?" I looked back as I went back to my original place, the 'ghost' of Ashton was no longer then. "Pull yourself together!" I muttered to myself before the camera guy shouted action!

Ashton's POV

Maria was doing a photo shoot in a nearby forrest, and she wanted me to come with her. We slowly wandered through this forrest, which was quiet, huge and dark. The crew were walking quite a way in front of us, and we were too involved with each other that we became lost. "Do you know where they went?" Maria laughed. "No I have no idea!" I said as I went round in a circle, my head darting all over the place. "You wait here, I think I see something, but wait here and I'll come back!" I said as I caught sight of a white figure. I slowly wandered away from Maria, through the thick trees and saw an open space with several people surrounding this one person. A girl with thick black hair, wearing a cream dress was slowly walking around the space, singing to a song I recognised. A camera crew in front of her, must have been for a music video or something. I watched for a couple of seconds.  "Baby I'm a little blind I think it's time for you to find me. Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me I know you're there…" She suddenly stopped singing, staring right in my direction. She looked like she'd seen a ghost. I quickly ran and hid behind a nearby tree. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, which made me jump. "Ashton I - Oooh, it's that girl who sings for TWLOHA. They must be filming, come on! We need to go!" She took my hand and dragged me back in hurry to find the crew. "What girl, who is she?" I asked, but she ignored me and continued running. 

Imogen's POV

"I thought we agreed that we wouldn't tell him about me?" I said down the phone to Michael. "We did? Why the sudden-" "Well, he was just at my video shoot, watching. He must know… Have you told him?" "No, I swear I haven't told him and I know the other two haven't! We wouldn't do that to either of you!" "Well why was he here, watching me… He looked like he recognised me, looking at me deeper than just glancing." "I don't know Imogen… Do you want to meet up later, and we can talk about this?" I agreed to meet Michael in a coffee shop in the town centre a couple of hours after my video shoot. However, soon after my shoot was finished I got a phone call from Mike asking if I could work that evening. So I quickly phoned Michael back and told him that I'd have to cancel. I hadn't been to work for a couple of weeks, so i thought of it as a good distraction from everything. Later on in the early evening, I was out back washing up some dishes. "Imogen, there's a group waiting to be taken to a table, would you mind?" Austin called round the door. I dried my hands and hurried out. As I headed for the door, I glanced up to see who it was. I froze and looked around urgently to see if anyone else was available to take the group. There wasn't. I looked over again and caught Michael's eyes. I glared at him and he mouthed sorry. "Uh…Hi, just the four of you?" I said, not looking up as I got the menus. "Yeah please…" Michael muttered. "This way!" I took them to their table, placed down the menus and hurried away, without looking up once. I hurried back to the kitchen, glancing back before I left and they looked like they were in deep conversation.

I paced up and down in the kitchen space, my head spinning all over the place. "Hey you alright?" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see Austin wander over to me. "I - I just don't feel well enough to work. I've been busy all day and I just can't." He held me close to his body. "It's ok, it's ok!" Austin and I had been dating for a couple of months now, and he knew about my depression and anxiety attacks. "I'll go and talk to Mike and ask if we can have the night off ok?" He kissed my forehead before going to find Mike. I loved Austin, don't get me wrong, but it suddenly felt weird and different with Ashton nearby. "We're good to go! Just give me a few minutes and I'll meet you outside!" I removed my apron and tidied away quickly. I grabbed my stuff and went out of the back door to the front of the restaurant waiting for Austin. I checked my phone and had a message from Michael. "Sorry, Ashton wanted us to come here for dinner!" "Ready?" Austin said with a smile, as he wrapped his scarf around my neck. 

Ashton's POV

"Let's go…" I said standing up from my seat. "What the hell?" Cal said. "I'm not feeling a meal out anymore…" "But we can't just leave?" "Sure we can, we haven't ordered anything yet… Let's go!" Michael gave Luke and Calum a look and then they followed me out. As I stepped out of the door I heard a loud, "Ready?" I looked to my right and saw a guy wrapping a scarf around a girl who must have been his girlfriend. "Urgh Luke!" Michael shouted, snapping my attention back to the boys. "Sorry, it was meant to be silent!" Luke laughed. I glanced back to my right, the couple were walking away and the girl was looking back at me. "At least let me walk you home, incase you throw up or something…" I laughed. "It's quite a walk!" "I've got all the time!" I said as I started walking beside her. The girl turned back, pulling me out of my flash back. "Immy!" I shouted, about to run after her, but the guys grabbed me by my arms. "Immy! It's me!" 

Immy's POV

"Immy!" I snapped my head back round, it was Ashton. "Immy! It's me!" The boys were trying their best to pull him back. "Come on babe, it's probably just some crazy fan, we need to get you home!" We walked round the corner. "Immy!" The last shout of my name was in pain, and I felt it in my heart. I began to cry quietly into Austin's scarf so he wouldn't notice. Part of me wanted to run back to Ashton and hold him, he finally remembered. But the other part of me said no, it was too dangerous for me and him.