9

I backed away, with secure hands still round my waist, opening my eyes to see Austin smiling at me. "That was a very passionate kiss, haven't had one of those in a while!" He said as he raised his eyebrows about to lean in for another go. "Austin…" I sighed. He backed away and looked concerned. "Are you ok?" "No, I feel a bit sick, hence why I said I needed some air, alone." "I know I know, but that performance just reminded me of how amazing you really are…" I smiled, "Thank you! I'll be back in a minute!" I said as he began to walk back into the hall. I ran down the hallway in search for Ashton, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I still loved him, I never really stopped. I caught glimpse of him as he opened the entrance door. "Ashton!" I shouted, coming to a halt. He turned around with what looked like hope in his eyes. "Immy…" He muttered. "Ashton, I need to talk to you" Just as the words left my mouth, Megan appeared at his side, the same mysterious scowl on her face. Ashton wandered over to me, taking my hands in his. "I need to talk to you too, and i want to hear what you have to say…But not right now" He muttered. He gently pressed his lips against my cheek, which felt like hours as I cherished the familiar feeling. "That performance was your best yet." He smiled before running back to Megan and leaving the building. I puffed my cheeks slightly, hoping it would stop the tears that were ready to fall down my face. I managed to cope with the rest of the evening, going straight to bed as soon as I walked into the hotel room. The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed, with only a note on the pillow. "Gone to the gym,x". I decided to get dressed and head downstairs for some breakfast. I sat at a table near the window, at the back of the room to have some space to myself. "Hey!" A soft voice said, making me turn to face forwards. It was Ashton, with his usual messy bed hair. "Hey…" I said slowly, not really knowing what to do. "Can I have a seat?" He asked. "Of course of course!" I said as I made room for him on the table. "Thanks…" He said. "Where's Austin then?" "Oh, he's at the gym…" "Ah yeah, exercise was never really your kind of thing!" Ashton smiled. I was about to open my mouth and retaliate but instead gave in. "You're right." "You wanna do something today?" He asked. I stared at him for a few seconds, "Wha-What about Megan?" Ashton shook his head, "She's gone back to her house now. She only came for the evening…" "Oh, I see" I said as I bit on my piece of toast. "Why don't we go and get some ice cream, and I'll actually eat mine without you throwing it on my head." "How did you-" Ashton was already smiling, trying to hold back the contagious laughter of his. "I'd love to" I said. "Great! See you in about an hour!" He stood up from his chair and leant down towards my ear. "Wear something pretty" he whispered before placing a kiss on my cheek and scurrying out of the room. Nothing nor no one could wipe the smile off of my face. 

Ashton's POV

It was a few minutes before I was meant to be meeting Immy outside the hotel to get some ice cream. This was the first opportunity to speak to her alone, without anyone else interfering. I had waiting a long time to get her on her own so I could speak to her properly about everything. I had my laptop open on the desk in the hotel room, and I had an incoming Skype call. It was the boys back home. "Hey guys, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to go…" I said quickly. "Ashton wait, we need to talk to you." The boys usually spoke in cheerful tones, but this…this was serious. "What's up?" I asked sitting in front of the screen. "You need to come back Ashton, management have arranged all these shows that are soon and all at once…And we can't do them without you." Calum explained. I let out a huge sigh. "Guys, you know I can't come back yet. You know why I'm here…" "We know Ashton and we wouldn't want to ask you to come back unless we absolutely had to…" Cal said. "And this is one of those times" Michael added. I looked out of the window from the seat, and saw Immy walking down the steps at the front of the hotel, looking around, for me. I let out a huge sigh, before looking back at the screen.