8

I sat on the stool in front of the mirror in our hotel room. I could hear Austin turning the shower on in the bathroom, and the sound of his towel being flung onto the floor. I slowly placed my necklace around my neck, taking only a few seconds to fasten it at the back. I straightened it so it was centre between my collar bones. I looked over my shoulder at the bathroom door and listened closely, to make sure Austin wouldn't be coming out any time soon. Once I was sure it was safe, I grabbed my little bag with my washing stuff inside, as well as a blade. I slowly flipped it over between my two finger tips, looking at its stained appearance. I hadn't used a blade in ages, not since the last night I saw Ashton when he came back from hospital. I wasn't even sure why I bought it with me, I had the urge to bring it but not necessarily to use it. Whenever I did have the urges, I was always able to talk to Ashton about it, always. With Austin I could, but it wasn't really talking about it in the same way, and it wasn't as affective. I looked down past the blade at my bag, which was open at my side. I still had the note from Ashton with me, I took it everywhere with me, I even had it under my pillow every night. It sounds like I was obsessed with Ashton, and maybe I was… But I like to think of it more that I was obsessed with the thought of Ashton still being mine, and how I still longed for it even though I had someone else who was mine. I glanced back at the bathroom door, still hearing Austin in the shower. I then chucked the blade back into my bag and closed it, before hurrying out of the room into the corridor. I had an urge, but a different kind of urge. It was an urge for Ashton, just to be with him. I knew that he was on the floor below us, and that he'd probably be getting ready for the meal too. I quickly slid through the closing elevator doors and pressed down on the button several times. It took only a matter of seconds until the doors opened again, but on the floor below. A sudden panic hit me as I had no idea which number he was but it wasn't too long until I found out. I stepped out of the elevator and looked to my left and saw Ashton walking down from the opposite end towards a room, with a girl wrapped round his arm. It was like everything went in slow motion as I watched them walk. The girls head tilted backwards as laughter left her parted mouth, her eyes gleaming at Ashton who had a huge smile across his face, a smile I was too familiar with. It all suddenly came to a halt as Ashton caught sight of me probably gawping at them. "Imogen?" The girl stopped laughing and narrowed her eyes on me, scanning me up and down. "Hi…" I said, nervously tucking my hair behind my ears. "What are you doing here? Is everything ok?" Ashton said in a concerned tone, stepping forwards but the girl holding him back. "Uh, yeah! I was just checking to see what time you are planning on leaving for the meal!" "Oh I'm le-" The girl nudged him with her elbow. "I mean we're leaving in about half an hour!" "Oh, so you've found someone to go with, thats nice!" I faked a smile, feeling awkward. "Yes, this is my date Megan, she flew in yesterday!" Ashton said, glancing back at her to give her a smile. I nodded slowly, the smile fading slightly which made Ashton's fade completely. "Well, I'll see you there!" I said, backing towards the elevator again. "Immy…" Ashton said. My head turned back to look at him. He sighed, "See you later!" I smiled quickly before stepping into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, I pressed the button and shook my head in embarrassment. "Get your life together Immy!" I said to myself, before the doors opened. I walked back into the hotel room where Austin was stood with a towel hung round his waist. "There you are! Everything ok?" He asked as he walked over to give me a peck on the cheek. "Yes everything is fine!" I muttered. "You look gorgeous!" He said, gently kissing my lips before backing away to get ready for the meal. "What song are you singing tonight then babe? One about me!" Austin joked as he stood over his suitcase deciding what to wear. I smiled and raised my eyebrows, "It's a new song…No one has heard it before…" I said, nervously biting down on my fingers. 

It was half an hour into the meal, and Ashton and his date were sitting on the table beside Austin and I, among other members of the TWLOHA campaign. It was held in this huge hall, surrounded by familiar and new faces. One of the important members of the campaign stood on the small stage in front of all of the round tables, "It is now time for a performance from our own wonderful voice in the form of Imogen!" The crowd clapped as I stood up from my table and wandered over to the stage. "This is a new song, and this is my first time performing it actually. It's called 'Walk'!" I said before I went and sat down at the piano. The lights dimmed with one bright light on the stage. "Did you find your way? Oh I wish you stayed. Did I make things worse? Oh you said that you needed time, and this time it hurts. Because I've been waiting for you today, I wish you could be here to see that I've changed…" I looked out at the crowd, not really being able to see many faces due to the spotlight. "Am I still in your thoughts? No… Did you really think I would walk?" As I looked down at the keys, I felt tears begin to form at the edge of my eyes, but I tried my best to hold them back and not let them affect my voice. "Maybe I did something wrong, for so long. There's a place you belong," I looked out into the crowd again, being able to see a few faces staring directly at me, and I caught glimpse of Ashton. "somewhere called home…So come home." Near the end of the song, I literally sung to the top of my lungs, "I hope you see someday.." Once the piano muted, the crowd was silent for a few seconds before people starting applauding and standing from their seats. I stood from the piano and went nearer the front of the stage to take a slight bow and thank everyone. There was one person in particular who stood from his seat, his mouth slightly open as he stared up at me, seconds later leaving the room out of the back door. I hurried down from the stage passed my table, Austin grabbing me by the waste. "That was beautiful baby, and don't worry, I'll never leave home!" He muttered, before kissing my cheek. I smiled at him, "One moment, I need a bit of air!" He nodded as if he understood and let me go. I hurried past the many chairs and tables to the back door, which lead to the empty hallway. "Ashton?" I called, looking down the hallway. I was spun around, with hands securely on my waist, and lips pushed against mine immediately.