14

"He told you huh?" Ashton sighed as he placed his headphones over the mic. "Yes he did and why did-. Wait, you're not evening denying it?" "No, I did send him a text telling him that he wasn't allowed originally just to shut him up but also because I wanted to spend this time with you alone. I deleted the message afterwards so you wouldn't find out. I know you have stronger feelings for me than you ever will do for him, you've just got to let yourself accept that." He was right, but I wasn't going to let him believe that. "Why did you have to forget about me?" I shook my head as tears started to fall from my eyes. "I didn't forget about you, not completely!" He said quickly as he walked over and grabbed the side of my arms. "A year later and you finally remembered me…" I muttered. "But I found you again, I found you." He said reassuringly, holding me closer to him. I moved back and slowly pushed myself away from him. "It was a little too late." I mumbled before leaving the singing booth and outside to the front of the studio. I was so mad at everything and everyone. I still loved Ashton as much as I always had done, but things around us had changed. I didn't like the fact that they had changed, but they had and they were stopping us from being together. I sat down on the side of the path with my knees under my chin. My father had always said I belonged to the side of the street, I was that worthless to him. "Is everything alright ma'am?" My head shot up at the sound of a low toned voice. "Oh, Hi Tony…What are you doing here?" I asked as I quickly wiped my eyes. "I've uh…Come to take you and Mr Irwin home." He said quickly. "But we drove here ourselves…" I said slowly, becoming more and more confused as the conversation continued. "I know" He let out a sigh and sat down near me. "That's not the reason I'm here." I frowned at him slightly. "I won't be assisting you much longer ma'am and I have something to tell you. I specifically wanted to be hired for your personal driver, for Mr Irwin's as soon as I heard you were coming with him." I automatically jumped to the conclusion that he was a middle aged man who was lonely, and slightly creepy, and he was looking for something more with me. "I'm sorry Tony but I don't feel comfortable right now."I stood up. "I must get back inside." I turned and started hurrying up the path but a harsh grip round my arm stopped me. 

I stood on the edge of the doorway to my parents room, peeking through the gap. My mum was against the wall, ducking and covering her face as vases were smashed above her. Words I had heard before but never really understood were spat at her, coming from my dads mouth. My mum stood up straight and said, "I should never have married you." A glass perfume bottle was thrown before she could duck for cover, and some pieces of the glass hit her face. I watched as my mum slowly slid down to the floor, her face destroyed. I yet out a cry calling for her. My dad's feet stomped across the floor, and he grabbed the door, almost pulling it off its hinges. "You brat. Get out of here!" He shouted. All I did was hold on tighter to a doll my mum once made me, as I glared up at the tall figure. "You're not wanted here, come on!" He grabbed my arm, almost pulling it out of its socket as he dragged me down the stairs giving me no time to get to my feet. He placed me on the side of the road, right on the edge of the path. "You belong here, you're worth nothing more." He growled up close to my face as my eyes flicked between his. He grabbed my doll, ignoring my painful cries, and chucked her into the middle of the road seconds before a car ran over it. He walked off sniggering to himself, proud of what he had done. 

My eyes grew wide and my breath got caught up in my throat. I felt every nerve in my body start to quiver, and my lips go dry. My head slowly turned round to stare back at him. "Dad…" I barely whisper. "Immy…" He says in the familiar tone with the same small smile. "Get away from me…" I say, keeping my eyes focused on him as I slowly started to tug at my arm. "No, we need to talk. There's a lot of history between us that needs to be explained." "I watched it all happen, I was there. I saw a war happen before my eyes, and there is nothing you can say to make me see different." I said, my voice becoming stronger. I tug at my arm, being a little stronger than I was several years ago. "Let go of me!" I scream between my teeth. "Let me explain." "No!" I shout. I turn my head back towards the studio. "Ashton! Ashton!" "Come with me…" He says as he pulls me closer to him, eventually wrapping his arms around my waist and carrying me over his shoulder. As he turned around I faced the studio again, using all my energy to shout for Ashton. "Ashton please! Ashton! Save me, please! Ashton!" The car door slammed shut, and I bangedmy hands against the window, continuing to shout. As the engine started Ashton was at the door, soon realising what was going on. "Immy! Immy!" He shouted as he ran down the pathway. I banged my hands even more rapidly against the window as the car began to drive away. Ashton started running after the car, making it as close to the door, trying to grab the handle. "Immy!" He shouted. Tony slammed his foot on the excellorater, leaving Ashton stranded in the middle of the road.  "Please don't forget me." I muttered into the back of the seat as I stared out of the back window at him, my breathing becoming uneven as I feared of what was to come.