11

Ashton's POV

Immy and I walked through the departure area and were greeted by three familiar faces running towards us. "It's been too long!" Luke cried as the boy suffocated Immy with a group hug. "God I've missed you guys!" She said. I walked over and took her hand. "You ready to go back home?" She scanned all of our faces before nodding quickly. 

Immy's POV

I sat in the back with Michael and Luke whilst Calum and Ashton were in the front of the car. 'It's My Party - Jessie J' came on, and Calum turned it up. As we all sung along, doing our own little dances, I often caught eye contact with Ashton in the rearview mirror. I simply smiled and stopped singing and the biggest smile showed on his face. I took a quick look around at everyone and reminded myself of what it used to be like, and even after everything it hadn't really changed. "Can we go to the beach?" I asked. "That's a brilliant idea!" Calum said. "We're going to the beach guys!" Ashton declared. 

We pulled up by the beach and all jumped out, waiting only seconds until we all ran towards the sea. We went in until the water was just below our shoulders. I dipped my head back into the water and slowly ran my handds back across my hair. To my surprise Ashton appeared at my side, just smiling at me. "What?" I asked shyly, my head in line with his above the water. There were a few seconds of silence before he answered. "Nothing..." I leaned in closer to his face and placed my lips on his cheek. I moved back to face him again to get lone last look before I started walking back towards the beach. 

Ashton's POV

It's as if everything else around me fell silent as I watched Immy walk towards the sand. The way she walked, was so elegant as if she was wearing a beautiful gown. 

(FLASHBACK)

"Do you think I should do it?" I sighed as I felt myself sink lower into the couch. "Do what?" Michael muttered as he watched the tv. "Ask her!" I sighed. Michael just shruggedf his shoulders. 

"It's like talking to a brick wall!" I said in irritation. 

"You love her right?" 

"Of course I do, more than anything! You know that!"

"There's your answer." Michael turned to look at me. 

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, he was right. 

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

"Ashton!" Calum shouted, knocking me out of my daze. "Come on mate, you'll shrivel up and Immy wouldn't like that!" He joked. He walked me out of the sea, following a short distance behind the others. "So she's back ey!" Calum grinned, nudging me. "Yeah thank goodness!" 

"It feels right you know, not that it hasn't without her...I mean... It feels complete." Calum explained. I shook my head. 

"You disagree?"

"There's still something missing...Something I need to do. I need to ask her something, but I have no idea what." I explained as I continued to watch Immy walk ahead of me.