|16|

I ignored it all. The voices, the thoughts, the people. It's like I'm in a trance, but it's a trance of horror. I'm terrified of what might be in that box. That box I didn't mention to Chase because I knew he wouldn't see it unless I pointed it out.

If he got involved again he wouldn't care. I've told him my feelings but he doesn't seem to care. He does nothing. Piece of shit.

I stared back at my reflection in the mirror. My eyebrows were down in a frown from my fake trance, and my skin was still its normal half pale half tan color. Except this time I had dark circles under my eyes. My eyes were surrounded with a red puffiness from my silent sobs in the shower I had just taken and my mark was clear in view from the wet strands of hair behind my shoulders.

The towel that wrapped securely around my body was a dark grey. It was a little damp now from being used, but I needed coverage when I went in the room.

I opened the door to the bedroom, greeted with a fresh cool air. The room was empty, like Chase left it to be.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a random pair of black leggings and a maroon sweatshirt. I put undergarments on with my clothing of choice along with socks and shoes. I was planning on taking a walk around the backyard for a bit.

I glanced at my reflection and decided against any makeup. The red around my eyes had gone away, but the dark circles stayed. I didn't want to try today.

I left the room and headed down a couple different flights of stairs until I reached the first level. Some family and friends were sitting around or cooking while having a nice pleasant talk. I walked past their judgmental looks and whispers and out the door. The air was even cooler out here and more calming. I didn't feel so tight out here.

Being on the edge of danger, I realized that this was stupid to do, but my head needed a little stress-free thinking.

First off, Chase. I'm finally seeing a little of his kindness and caring, but I still feel excluded from his well being. Maybe I should talk to him about this weird uncomfortable and bipolar relationship we have.

Xander. No doubt I never want to go back there because all he wants me for is to be his replaced mate, and I wasn't going to allow that to happen. I wanted to receive happiness in return in a relationship.

I listened to the leaves start to crunch underneath my feet as I headed off the trail and into the woods. I didn't want to be seen and talked to.

Mandy. She has nothing to worry about. She has a perfect, loving, caring, and attentive mate. She has a family and some cash that can do wonderful amounts of purchasing.

Ameth. She has a family, friends. The guy she met up with at the mall was supposedly just a fling, she told Mandy and I when we asked her about it. So, she didn't have a mate, and-

My phone interrupted my thoughts as it started to blast Starboy by the Weeknd. I grabbed it from my sweatshirt's pocket and answered.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Cassy, I need you to come back home now." Chase ordered. My heart started to race at the sound of his unsettled voice.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, already turning back to where I came from.

"You'll see when you get here. Just watch out for anything." He warned. I nodded, then realized he couldn't see me.

"Okay. I'll be home in a couple minutes." I answered instead.

"Bye." I pressed end and started jogging back to the pack house. What could have happened in this short amount of time that I was gone? It wasn't that long of a walk, right?