Chapter 1

Sleeping in my room as the sun slowly approached throughout the horizon it's rays were shining brightly in the clear sky blue morning as it shone through my window through the crack of the drapes as it shone into my eyes as their was a knock on the door and our maid called Hannah entered with a smiled. "

Good morning your highness it is time for you to wake up"she said a small yawn escaped my lips then slowly opening my eyes,and sitting up "Good morning Hannah and is it time already?" i asked her then she replied with a nod. "Yes your highness today you have a busy schedule," Hannah was my personal maid and was the only friend ever since my young age. She headed into the bathroom and began to prepare my bath for me like she does every morning.

Slowly getting out of bed and placing my night shoes on heading into the bathroom "say Hannah can i ask you something" she got up then looked up towards me. "Of course your highness what is it?" taking a deep breath in then exhaling gathering up my courage "the boy who was with me in town when i was younger has he been found?" Hannah looked at me then shook her head. "No your highness why do you ask this you know your father will be worried that you will sneak out of the castle again" she looked at me with a worried look then hugged me tightly and left the bathroom closing the door.

"Father..like he would ever understand..maybe mother would..or not" speaking to myself and sighing slowly removing my nightgown and removing my night shoes slowly slipping into the bathtub that was big and in the middle of the bathroom,slowly sitting down resting my back against the bathtub images and words went around in my mind.

Later on that morning Hannah and other two maids helped me to get dressed into this beautiful purple dress with a white rose sash on the side as they placed jewellery around my neck and wrist,sitting down infront of the mirror the two maids left with a bow. "Are you okay your highness?" Hannah asked me as she began to brush and style my hair while looking at her in the reflection, "y..yes Hannah i am fine there isn't nothing to worry about" replying to her with a smile on my face just to assure her. Once finished with my hair and make up my eyes just widen to see how amazing job Hannah did for me turning around then hugging her tightly i felt so happy she then smiled with a hug"you look so stunning your highness" she said,blushing slightly we left my room and walked down the hallway as a tall woman who wore a red and gold dress which sent to her ankle even looking beautiful.

"Good morning sweetie and Hannah" my mother greeted us "good morning mother and are you on your way to the dining hall where father is for the morning breakfast?" asking her out of curiosity as she smiled then nodded "good morning your highness and i will be in the kitchen helping out" with that said she bowed and then went on ahead. Hannah was out of sight then looking at my mother gathering up my courage once again my mouth opened as i was about to speak until my father turned up,"Good morning Scarlet and honey" greeting him a good morning so did my mother she kissed my father on the lips softly. "F..father..m..mother i want to ask you something" both looked at me with a smile waiting to hear what i wanted to say but in the end nothing came out of my mouth,"Whatever you got to say sweetie then let's hear it?" my mother said to me softly,looking at them both again gathering up my courage but like before nothing came out of my mouth.

A few minutes later we were in the dining hall having our breakfast in silence but then my mother spoke up "oh yes Scarlet we forgot to tell you that me and your father has arranged a ball for your 18th birthday and hopefully" she looked towards my father to finish the sentence off "to find a future husband who will rule the kingdom with you when we pass away." Suddenly the spoon fell out of my hand then landed on the floor surprised what i just heard from my parents, "h..hang on a minute mother..father but i am not ready to be married or to choose a future husband!" anger and sadness was building up but my parent's didn't care "Scarlet..you do not have a choice you must it is a tradition for us also your going to become a young teenage woman in 5 weeks time like it or not young lady!."

Tears fell down my cheek quickly getting up from the table and running out and i kept on running until finally reached the lake which was near the courtyard then slowly looked at the sky "how could mother and father do this to me don't they care about what i want..."is not fair not at all." At that point there was nothing for me to decide but then one thing came into my mind "Maybe i can runaway before my 18th birthday yes that what i will do..i will runaway.." determined by the plan it would succeed no doubt it even if i have to take risks.

To be continued.