Chapter 5

The next day approached once again in the dining room eating breakfast with leon also his parents plus marcus who i introduced to them but had to make it as a lie because i was sure they were going to ask me or him who does he work for or where does he work. There was 4 weeks left until my 18th birthday that was one of the thing which was making me feel dread inside,we finished our breakfast then left the manor as we headed to the town but neither of us knew that there were shady cloaked figures hiding in the shadows waiting.

"So Lillian what would you like to do?" asked Marcus even calling me Lillian he did his best to hide my try name and identity which made me feel very guilty, "um i am not sure where would you like to go leon?" asking him he looked at me then smiled. "How about we head to the lake i heard that there is some sort of stalls there that sell many jewellery and flowers" he replied both of us nodded as we headed over to the lake but marcus stopped to look around the area as he spotted someone and carefully followed that person as me and leon continued to head to the lake.

Cutting the suspect off marcus grabbed him by the throat then pinned him to a wall in a alleyway that no one hardly used "okay who the hell are you and why are you after the princess" he said in a low cold tone voice but the cloaked figure smirked and reaching into his pocket he pulled out a smoke bomb and threw it onto the ground making everything smoky and cloudy around him.

The smoke cleared,he looked around for the figure but he was nowhere to be seen he slammed his fist against the wall and hurried into the direction where me and leon were heading. Reaching the lake and noticing the many but beautiful jewellery a silver and sapphire butterfly necklace caught my eye,leon saw the opportunity and walked to the stall and brought the jewellery, he then returned "um Lillian can you turn around for me" he said with a nod slowly turning my back to him he placed the necklace around my neck and fastened it.

"Oh leon! it is so beautiful" i said looking down at my necklace then turning around smiling also hugging him tightly he blushed then hugged me back he then took my hand into his making my face blush then led me to a secret area. Marcus constantly hurried but finally caught up to us "Lillian!!!" stopping then both of us turned around all of a sudden a group of cloaked figures appeared with their swords drawn "hand the girl over" one of them said but both of them got infront of me and unsheathed their swords,then they attacked but marcus and leon's movement moved in sync which was amazing well of course because marcus was the strongest knight in the castle.

Amazed by their movements and fighting skills as both of them were dancing on air another cloaked figure approached me then grabbed me and letting out a scream leon turned around with anger "let her go right now!" as he was ready to attack, "attack me then you will harm the girl" said the figure who held his sword to my throat. Marcus looked in disgust but then he whispered something to leon as he nodded,both of them put the plan into action as leon distracted the figure while marcus sneaked behind him and attacked him letting his grip on me loosen,quickly managing to escape leon attacked from the front as marcus did the back.

"Are you okay Lillian?" asked leon my body was still shaking but managed to nod but then all of a sudden my vision went dark then fainting as marcus caught me just in time "let's return her back to the manor and leon there is something i need to explain to you" he said as both sheathed their swords,marcus in his arms both started to walk back as he carried me. Few hours later waking up in the living area and looking around noticing marcus and leon talking to each other softly,slowly sitting up holding my head,leon ran to my side then embraced me as tears began to overflow down my cheek with his worry over me i knew i couldn't keep it in any longer. "

Look..leon my real name is not Lillian in fact it is--" before finishing the sentence off he cut in "I know. Marcus told me everything and i don't hate you princess scarlet meeting you it has become fun and exciting and ever since meeting i..i started to fall in love with you" he said which left me speechless. Not knowing what to say or do but remain sitting their in silence he looked down but then without warning i lifted his head up and kissed him on the lips softly then pulled away, "i..i love you and well um you know i started to fall in love with you aswell." his eyes widened by my words and the kiss on his lips he then kissed me back but softly. Marcus watched from the door smiling softly then sighed softly as he knew that i had to return back to the castle but knowing that father won't be happy at all but there was a time where i had to face him sooner or later.

To be continued.