Chapter 6

Back at the castle the next day me and marcus headed to the throne room where my parent's were maybe they were going to be angry with me mostly my father,finally arriving at the throne room the two guards who were there normally greeted us and opened up the throne room door as me and him entered.

"Scarlet!?" my mother called out as she got up then ran towards me she then hugged me tightly so she was embracing me looking up at her i could see tears falling down her cheeks knowing that she was so worried about me. Then turning my attention to my father who looked relieved but angry,a slight shiver went down my spine not wanting to approach him what so ever but what choice did i have. Slowly making my way to my father once mother let me go my father stood up and slowly approached me,feeling scared what he might do i couldn't look at him in the eye but literally look down waiting for his hard punishment and his anger.

"Scarlet..i am so glad your home and safe" he said as he hugged me then embraced me tightly feeling the hug also the embrace my eyes opened wide then looking at him he had sadness but happiness in his eyes. Feeling confused he looked at me then smiled then looked at marcus, "Marcus you may leave now and thank you for returning my daughter back here safely" he said. Marcus bowed "it was my pleasure your majesty" replying back then left the throne room as the doors closed behind him,mother then looked at me "Sweetie why did you run away" she said in a happy but sad voice.

"I ran away because of the you know having to choose a future husband at my 18th birthday at the ball and i wanted to choose and fall in love with the right person by my and his heart" telling them as they listened. My mother hugged me tightly "Scarlet we are sorry that we did this for you but we thought it would be the best to get a future husband sooner then later." she replied then my father sighed slightly "And let me guess you have already met that person have you?" father asked me with a soft smile on his face as i replied to a nod.

"Y..yes his name is Leon and i love him father he was the first person i fell in love with please understand how i feel" telling them about leon for the first time made me wonder if father also mother would not be happy but they were. "We shall invite him to dinner tomorrow night and this young man who captured our daughter's heart i would like to see him" mother agreed with him by nodding her head i was feeling so happy that finally they understood what i wanted and what i wanted to choose.

The next night Hannah was helping me get ready for dinner as leon also his parents were making their way to the castle it was exciting but was nerve wrecking because this would be the first time for my parents to meet him and his parents. Once finished then leaving the room with Hannah we made our way down the hallway and finally down the stairs,walking down them there was leon with his parents also mother and father was there smiling at me,leon was left speechless by my appearance he then walked towards me as he took my hand he raised it to his lips then kissed the back of my hand. "Princess Scarlet you look so beautiful tonight" he said as he blushed but smiling at the same time.

"Thank you and you look handsome tonight" replying with a blush on my face aswell but a smile aswell we then headed to the dining hall as we entered leon pulled out a seat thanking him then sitting down he pushed me towards the table softly. "I would like to say your son is quite a gentleman" said my father "Thank you your highness and he is good at horse riding also fencing and sword fighting" Leon's father replied "When Scarlet told us that she met someone we were so happy for her and i see she chose a fine young man" mother replied as Leon's mother nodded in agreement.

Throughout the night there was laughter and chatter until late at night leon and his parents left the castle and proceeded to go home with amazing night it made me so happy wishing my parents good night,heading back to my room until something or someone caught my eye and then it was gone. I wonder who was that? thinking to myself but ignoring it i made my way back to my room, upon entering there was someone a tall young man with long blonde hair and emerald green eyes he was wearing a stylish royal clothes he then got up and approached me. Standing infront of me he took my hand and kissed it but pulling it away and backing away from him "Who are you! tell me now or i will call the guards" threatening him but he smiled "let's just say princess i will be your worse nightmare" he said then jumped out of the window and disappeared into the night,something about him was not right and it felt a very cold but scared feeling shiver down my spine.

To be continued.