Chapter 9

Feeling something was not right that night waking up and getting out of bed putting my night shoes on and heading straight for my door until it got kicked in a mysterious figure dressed in a black cloak and his hood covering his face approached me then grabbed my wrist as he began to drag me out of my room and down the hallway.

"Oi let me go! who are you!" yelling to him as he continued to drag me down the hallway with no answer,struggling to get out of his grip but it was useless as his grip tightened more causing pain and bruising around my wrist,but then marcus appeared infront of the cloaked figure preparing to attack but the figure pulled me infront of me then wrapped one of his arm around my neck taking out a dagger and holding it close to my throat.

"Release the princess" he said as he unsheathed his sword then prepared to attack but the figure smirked holding the dagger even closer to my neck "put down your sword otherwise the princess will be headed would you want that?" the figure spoke even under his hood was a smirk but couldn't be seen. 

With no choice due to my safety marcus sheathed his sword or pretended he did the figure chuckled but the one thing he didn't know that leon was already by him and slashed his back the figure yelled out in pain making me manage to escape his grip then run to marcus as he grabbed me then pulled me behind him as he dashed towards the cloaked figure and stabbed him through the heart with his sword and pulled it out as the figure slumped onto the ground his body went ice cold which meant he was dead.

Leon and marcus both sheathed their swords he then turned to me "are you okay princess"  he said as i nodded then smiled,seeing leon i ran over into his arms clinging onto him not letting go what so ever he held me in his arms softly and stroked my hair,tears began to stream down my cheeks marcus watched with a smile then was approached by my personal maid who whispered something in his ear which made him go quiet. 

Kissing leon softly on the lips as he kissed me back but then marcus walked over placing his hand on my shoulder turning around to face him noticing the sadness in his eyes something told me that something bad has happened to my parents,quickly heading to their room not wanting to believe it followed by hannah,marcus and leon followed close by until we reached my parent's room there was the doctor and nurse also the other guards were there seeing my parents laying on the floor in their pool of blood. 

"Your highness..i am sorry but we couldn't save them" said the doctor as i started to approach their bodies and kneeled beside them holding each of their hands as tears began to stream down my face then just without warning i just burst out crying unable to stop that night.

The next day was the day my parent's were being buried everyone remained silence as the priest began to do the service,once it has ended everyone bowed then left leaving me alone as rain began to fall heavily,hannah walked over then placed a umbrella over my head "come inside your highness otherwise you will catch a cold" she said softly with a nod from me she led me back inside and into my room where she began to run my water in the pool bath in the bathroom then once done she began to help me get undressed and then helped me into the pool bath where she began to wash my hair and my body. 

Later on that night she helped me get into my nightgown then pulled my blanket back,getting into my bed she pulled the blanket on me kissing my forehead then wishing me a goodnight slowly turning the lights off she walked out closing the door,feeling alone in a dark silent bedroom in bed all i could was cry silently finally able to fall asleep but the pain of losing my parents were still hurting me inside but i knew i had to become stronger for me,for everyone and for the kingdom.

To be continued.