The date

The date

Lindsey and I were now in my car chatting away.

“So, who’s the lucky guy that gets to go out with my fabulous roommate!?” I asked excitedly.

I totally sound like the best friend of the main character in romantic comedies...

“You want to guess?” she replied playfully.

I pretended to seriously ponder the question and then responded.

“Is it Gavin, the science teacher? If it is you should forget about him...He’s married!” I said jokingly.

“No!” she replied while laughing.

“Okay, is it Jason? I think that he’s single...” I guessed for the second time.

“No, I thought you knew me better!” Lindsey answered still amused.

“I’m going on a date with Kenneth Carpenter.” she said seriously.

“That’s great, I’m happy for you!” I replied honestly.

I started the car and drove to the apartment within minutes we arrived.

When we were comfortably seated in the living room, we continued our ‘date/girl talk’.

“So, how did he ask you out?”

“Well, when you were upstairs with your students...He came by me and complimented my artwork again. He bought one of the pieces and we just started to talk about random stuff and then restaurants...Apparently, we’re going to eat the best food in town!” Lindsey revealed a little shy.

I had never really seen her like that but it was cool to see her more serious side.

“Where is he taking you?” I asked intrigued.

“We’re going at an Asian restaurant for supper; he’s picking me up at 6!” she said excitedly.

“It sounds great!” I responded with a smile.

The next day, my roommate and I scoured her closet, in search of the perfect date outfit.

“What about this?” Lindsay asked while showing me a red dress with a plunging neckline.

“A little too much, you don’t want to give him a wrong impression...” I replied truthfully.

She sighed, looking a little like a deer in the headlights, she was more accustomed to go to clubs lately.

I googled the restaurant where they would be heading later on, to see the type of venue it was.

Fortunately, there was a photo gallery on the website.

The restaurant looked ‘zen’ and contemporary with its structured tables and seats as well as the round lights on the ceiling.

There was a big fountain at the center of it all with water lilies and stones.

“I think I have an idea of what you could wear!” I exclaimed as a famous 80’s song started to play on Lindsey’s Ipod nearby.

I looked at her closet once again and saw what I was looking for; her lilac knee-length chiffon dress that she had bought for her first exposition a few years back.

I put it on her bed and went rapidly to my room to get accessories.

After a few minutes of scavenging, I was back in Lindsey’s room with a pair of light bronze sandals and earrings.