Questions and confusion

3000 reads! Thank you keep on reading, commenting an voting ;)

Now, let the drama begin!

-Purplelotus

Questions and confusion

I sat at the table I had shown to my student earlier and proceeded to frantically text both Lindsey and Margaret.

While waiting for a response from either of them, I drank the mojito.

When there was only half of the cocktail left I saw that my phone was buzzing; Incoming call.

I picked it up instantly.

"Hello" I said trying to hide my irritation but failing miserably.

I couldn't believe they had just left me like that!

"Wow, someone's grouchy..."

It was Lindsey's voice at the end of the line.

I dismissed her comment and carried on the conversation.

"Where are you?" I asked concerned.

"We're in the bathroom. Emergency... Come now!" she ordered.

"Okay, I'm coming..." I said slightly taken aback by her unusual tone of voice.

After having said what she wanted to say; she hung up.

I quickly swallowed the rest of my drink in order to bring my friends' cocktails with me.

You have to go prepared; you don't know what kind of situation you're about to face!

Plus, I paid for those drinks, there won't be wasted on my watch!

The ladies room was thankfully a short walking distance from where I was standing.

That means that I'm not going to spill alcohol all over the floor of the club!

I pushed the door to enter the washroom; it was actually spacious but that was beside the point...

The first thing I really saw was Margaret curled up on the floor near the sinks while Lindsey was patting her back trying to comfort her.

It was kind of shocking since she has such a bubbly personality normally.

My stupid immediate response was to give them their drinks which they took gladly.

I guess that wasn't that bad of an idea after all!

"What's wrong?" I asked in a tone that I hoped conveyed compassion and empathy.

I know it's cliché, but me + people sobbing/sad...let's just say it's not my strong suit!

Margaret took a few seconds to compose herself before she spoke.

"Avery...called me earlier...Amber's in a coma!" she blurted out while wiping off a few tears with her right hand.

"She won't make it to the science convention Tuesday, that's why the principal told me." Margaret explained a little more calm.

I had often seen her with Amber preparing for the convention while passing her classroom.

"Straight A student, actor and incredibly smart Amber is in a coma? How?" I asked, reality not sinking in.

"I don't know exactly, something about a car accident" she said recalling her previous phone conversation.

"I feel bad for Karl" she added with concern.

"Who is Karl? Lindsey asked, stepping in, cautiously, in this sad exchange.