Previously recorded

I don't have much time to write lately as I started school (University!) and I have a part-time job. So, I'll write when I can.

Thank you for your comprehension and support :)

-PL

Previously recorded

For the first time of this school year, I went to the computer lab with my student.

No, this wasn't a free period.

Even though, it probably sounded like that (in hind sight).

Students were there with the purpose of doing research.

Or, so I naively thought…

Truthfully, I was fully aware of how this sounded.

I had been a student not that long ago. Wasn’t I?

I guess I was going to find out soon rather than later.

The results of this experience would be seen by actually reading what they would write in their papers later on…

By the end of the period, I came to the conclusion that I hated technology.

Literally hate technology!

Let’s walk the-not so long-memory lane shall we?

What a class that was…

First, was the loss of control.

Plain chaos ensued.

 Starting from the storming in the lab to the constant talking and of course, the numerous derogatory search inquiries.

Yes, I’m talking to you, students watching (trying to watch) porn on school desktops…

What was most baffling about this is that I spotted a group of male students doing this and commenting it…

Discretion (or just plain inaction) would have been a little less obvious, don’t you think?

Of course, I separated them and talked to the computer technician about locking those sites more efficiently.

Amateur-hackers walk in our school halls everyday…

And then students found me on social media.

 Not that I actually care…    

What they had access to was pretty limited. Close to nothing, actually.

Thank you private settings!

But the only thing I could hear them talk about was my small profile picture; I was standing in front of a monument in Rome.

Ahh good times! It was my first trip outside the country with Lindsey; it was awesome.

But things came back to a normal state at the end of the period.

I had learned how to put back in line my students by now!

Little did I know, I was going to encounter a new set of problems.

Someone had called the shots, on me… Cue the dramatic music.

To say that I was dumfounded was an understatement, but I didn’t protest, knowing this was not the time nor the place to try to explain myself.

And actually be heard.

With no warning whatsoever, I was told that I was to appear in court on the count of exhibitionism.

Next thing I knew, Kenneth and I were escorted to…the police station.

As small consolation, the officers had waited until the end of classes before they took us in.

When we arrived, we were taken into interrogation rooms, separately.

I had to describe my relationship with my colleague, stating over and over again that it was platonic.

When I was made aware that they had recorded evidence from a student, I was advised to lawyer up…

I then was assigned dates of court appearance.

That’s right Nellie’s going to court!

Did I just talk about myself in the third person?

To be continued...