THE MASQUERADE BALL

We got to our apartment and found Santi cooking a delicious Peruvian meal, we haven't had Peruvian since we were in Brazil and my mom cooked, I am not a great cook, actually the only things I know how to cook are my favorite dishes. Santi, on the other hand, is an outstanding cook. Jamie went to our bedroom to call Moore, although we haven't heard from the stalker, Jamie is still after him.

"So, how was your day?"

I asked Santi while looking for a wine to match his dish "Lomo Saltado" a sirloin steak stir fried accompanied by French fries and white rice.

"Nothing much, went out for a walk, went to the supermarket, FaceTimed with mom, by the way, it's impressive how much Mexican food you can find in the supermarket"

"I know! How is mom? I should call her"

"Yeah, you should! They're fine, dad has the flu so he feels like he's living his last days"

I giggled because that's so typical of my dad. Jamie walked into the kitchen and pecked my cheek, he has changed into sweats and a black T-shirt, whatever he wears makes me drool, he went to the fridge for a beer and handed my brother one, then turned to offer me one and smiled when he realized that I was staring.

"Would you want one baby?"

"I'll stick to the wine, thank you kind sir!"

And I winked at him.

"You know Santi, your sister is an incredible woman, she always finds a way to make me love her more"

"Eww guys keep your mushy love to yourselves and let's eat!"

We had an extraordinary meal, we laughed so much at my brother's stories, Jamie enjoyed the ones from my childhood that made me blush to the point that I felt like a tomato but then again it could be the wine.

"So you guys are leaving me for a week"

"Yeah, will you be ok?"

"Totally fine, don't worry baby sis! You know Dornan, my hermanita here worries too much. I have something in mind"

"Would you check on Amelia for me? She'll be out of the hospital tomorrow"

"Aren't you guys going to know the sex of the baby?"

I asked with truthful interest.

"I think so love, I'd like you to be by my side"

"If that's what you want?"

My brother sensed my nervousness so he spoke.

"I'll take care of Millie, don't you worry mate!"

Next morning we woke up early to stop by IHOP to have an "All American" breakfast, which my brother loved, then we headed to the hospital to see Amelia, my brother asked to come along. I still have a funny feeling about his intentions towards Amelia.

Millie was seating on the sofa waiting for us.

"You guys are finally here! Jamie, please call the nurse and tell her we're ready"

"Ok! Good morning to you too!"

"Sorry! I'm just too eager!"

He smiled at her and left the room.

"So Santi, yesterday after you left the nurse came here to ask me if you were single"

"Wait! Santiago! Were you here yesterday??"