Chapter 3: The Chase Is On

Derek glared at Brandon, then he simply smiled at Kat. He walked towards the other two slowly, not wanting to cause any violence, but he does so anyway.
"Come on now Brandon, we don't want to start any... Trouble do we?" He said grinning slightly, the other guy just stared at the back of the female who is now shaking from fear. Before he could say anything, all three of them heard screaming from down the hall. Brandon sighed, scratching his head waiting for them to come around the corner.
"Kaitlynn?! Slow down!" Jason begged, trying to catch up with her.
"No! I need to find my brother!" She shouted, running ahead of him. Whenever she was running, she never stops for anyone or anything.
"Kaitlynn, stop." Brandon said calmly, facing her when she stops near him. Derek glanced at them annoyed, he formed something in his hand.
"Catch me if you can Kaitlynn~!" He said teasingly, starting to run down the hall like a mad man. She glared at her brother, then ran after him. Jason stood there confused, but worried as well.
"What... The heck?!" He cried, turning to face her brother he said,
"What the hell is she?! No human can have that much stamina, unless she's like some monster of some sort!" Brandon looked at him shocked, then turned away to face Kat.
"Time for you to go back to hell sister...." He said tiredly pulling a book out of his pocket. Kat glared at him trying to move, but fails.
"He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil." He said loudly, closing the book. Kat glared at him, only to fall into a hole where no demon could get out, like purgatory.
As Derek ran down the hall trying to get Kaitlynn to pass out, she continued to run after him with ease. Jason started to run when he heard them yelling at each other, mostly swear words though. (Guess who's back, back again... No? Never mind... Anyways, I suppose you're interested in the book since you've read this far... Bye-bye!)
When Kaitlynn caught up with Derek, she grabbed the hem of his shirt pulling him to the ground with her next to him. They glared at each other, her eye changing colors rapidly while Derek's eyes changed to a dark red.
"Let's make a deal Kait, let's say... You stop chasing me and I'll leave your family alone?" He said, smirking as he sat up slowly. She would've hesitated before she knew the truth about her friend... He was a demon, not just any demon... The demon, the demons of all demons... SATAN! (Oh uh... I got too excited on that part, sorry!)
She glared at him, unable to talk to who used to be her friend since Elementary school. When Jason and Erick caught up to them, Derek was standing over Kaitlynn as she stared at the ground as if she was thinking of something to say."Kaitlynn...? What are you doing to her?!" Jason yelled taking something out of his pocket. He looked at him annoyed turning to face him,
                          "Trying to talk to my friend, but everyone keeps on interrupting me so I can't! So shut up!!" He yelled facing the other two boys, his face full of anger. Erick sighed, starting to get annoyed he took something out of his pocket mumbling,
                          "Why don't you just shut the [insert swear word] up? We are just trying to have a wonderful school day, and you decide to ruin it!!" He had snapped... And they all knew what was going to happen.  (And I'm back, here's a tip on Erick... He is probably the most strongest guy you will ever meet at school or anywhere in the town they live in.)
                         "Oh... Uh, come on Erick... No need to be mad at me. I've done nothing wrong!" Derek said nervously, starting to slowly back away from the group of students who are now facing him. Kaitlynn smiled at him kindly, but then she curled her hand into a fist punching him in the jaw.
                         She started to mumble something under her breath, it sounded harsh yet strange,
                          "So it has started now... The war is probably going to start in the next month... Reapers, Demons, and Angels are out and about now..." Jason stared at her while she said those words, unable to figure out what is happening and then they stopped... They stopped playing dumb, and they both sighed hoping she wouldn't notice... But she did."What are you two sighing about? You're just simple humans! You don't understand anything that is happening right now!" She growled, curling her hand into a fist shaking from the anger that she has been holding back.
"You're kidding right? You've got to be kidding..." Erick started
"You think we don't know the struggle?! We have the same dang problems as you do so we don't want to hear it!!" He yelled, his face starting to turn red from the anger that is starting to build up."You're kidding right? You've got to be kidding..." Erick started
                             "You think we don't know the struggle?! We have the same dang problems as you do so we don't want to hear it!!" He yelled, his face starting to turn red from the anger that is starting to build up. They just stood there, mostly in shock by his anger, Jason watched them somewhat amused by their argument.
                        "I highly doubt that you know the struggle of being like this and what I am!!" Kaitlynn yelled, curling her hands up into fists annoyed by what he was saying to her.
                         "What you are? Are you [insert many swear words] kidding me?! You are a student at this damned school!" Erick yelled back getting in we face, but only to get knocked down by Brandon who was now rubbing his sisters back.
                          "Kaitlynn... You do realize that there's no going back right? You've seen what your best friend was, what your sister was... Don't you get it now? You have to change this..." He said softly so that she could hear what he was saying. She nodded slowly, understanding that her somewhat normal life is going to change dramatically in a short amount of time that she has at her school.