Chapter 6: The next victims

When they group woke up, they all just sat there dazed and confused on what just happened to all of them just now. Kaitlynn and Brandon shrugged it off helping the others up, when they turn to look at where Derek sat... He was gone, the only thing there was his jacket and the strange girls mask.
"Well... That was unexpectedly strange to know more things about each other than we wanted to know huh..." Jason said, looking at Erick he pushed him down.
"Let's go home, I really need some food right now." Kaitlynn said to Brandon and they started walking home, the other two racing each other to their own homes as well screaming at each other.
Derek and the strange girl stood in the parents room each holding a gun,
"Lucy... Should we really be doing this...? She hasn't done anything wrong yet." Derek said his voice shaking. Lucy glared at him saying nothing loading the guns aiming it at the fathers head, while Derek aimed his at the mothers.
BANG... BANG...
The two siblings stared at the body's not caring, they vanished in thin air hearing Kaitlynn and Brandon come home hoping they didn't hear the gun shots from outside. Kaitlynn yawned making herself and her brother some food thinking to herself, Brandon on the other hand... Had a bad feeling so he laid down on the couch mumbling,
"What was that sound we heard a few minutes ago...? Why would we even hear that sound from our house?" Kaitlynn looked up, her face showing no emotion and gritted her teeth,
"That sound is called gun shots, and the only reason why we would hear that sound is that they were in trou-" she stopped her hands shaking seeing blood drip from her brothers hand and screamed. Derek stood there twisting the knife in her brothers throat, he threw another at Kaitlynn only grazing her cheek.
"I'm sorry... It was her idea." He said softly before vanishing from sight. Kaitlynn collapsed on the kitchen floor, a sobbing and bleeding mess.
Hours later, she got up stumbling from the sight of her brother to her parents room. Dragging her hand on the wall, she looked into her parents room showing no emotion she started to yell,
"Yo no entiendo por qué esto está ocurriendo a esta maldita familia !! No hemos hecho nada malo para merecer este tipo de situación !!! " She banged on the wall, tears streaming down her face. She bolted out of her house running to find Erick and Jason, her cheek still bleeding.
"Dude... Why is someone screaming bloody murder?" Erick questioned looking in a random direction, Jason looked up to see Kaitlynn running towards them. She stopped in front of them her tears now red because of the blood she mumbled,
"He needs to die... Nobody can kill my family and get away with it... Not on my watch!" She looked at them one last time before she passed out. (For those who don't know what she said... Here's the translation: "I don't understand why this is happening to this damn family!! We have done nothing wrong to deserve this type of situation!!!")          The two guys stared at her for a second then started to drag her to their home talking quietly to each other,
         "What do you think happened?" Erick questioned.
         "Maybe... Her parents got killed and so did her brother..." Jason answered picking her up and carrying her into the house. Erick closed the door behind him and watched his stepbrother placing the young girl on the couch.
         "Do you think Derek and that other girl did this?" Erick asked calmly.
         "Probably... Maybe if I can get my parents to read her mind... We can know what happened." Jason said placing his hand on hers gently, he sighs and calls for his parents hearing no answer.
           "They aren't home... Let's let her rest for now and when she wakes up she can tell us everything that happened." He said staring at his stepbrother. Erick was surprised that Jason was actually protecting Kaitlynn, but he didn't really care as long as she is safe.           Kaitlynn woke up sitting up quickly, she looked around her eyes wide with fear but only to feel a warm hand on hers.
          "Calm down, you're safe here with my family Kait." Jason said softly, his thumb stroking the top of her hand trying to calm her down. She nodded slowly looking around, seeing Erick and their parents all staring at her concerned.
           "What's... Going on here? Why are you all staring me like I'm injured?!" She yelled squeezing her eyes shut.
            "Now dear... You're hurt... You have cuts on your wrists, your cheek, multiple scars on your throat, and you overdosed on sleeping pills a month ago... Do you want me to continue or do you want us to help you?" Jason's father said calmly kneeling at her side lifting her chin smiling softly.
             "Reapers... That's what you guys are, I have to leave. Derek is going to strike us again and your sons can help. We need to figure out their weakness and figure it out fast." Kaitlynn said calmly,the family stared at her then the two guys nodded quickly.
             "Demons hate exorcisms, but we can't really be near bibles nor the words of the exorcism," Erick started
             "But they can't handle their own truths of the people they killed. Demons will kill anything or anyone to get to their loved ones." He added crossing his arms.
             "They also can't stand when the people that they were friends with before get injured or get killed." Jason said holding up his hand, and shows a locket that one of Kaitlynn's old friend had.
             "How'd you even get her locket? She had it buried with her remains... Wait a minute... Derek was at her funeral! That's how we met." Kaitlynn said getting an idea and smiles at the two guys who are smiling back at her. They nodded at each other, already knowing their plan they started to leave when they saw Kaitlynn's necklace glowing dark red.
           She told them to not worry about it.... And they listened. The three teens ran outside heading to the school where Kaitlynn heard them say they were going for the fight against the corrupted. (The corrupted is Kaitlynn, Erick, and Jason. Only reason why they are called that, is because they aren't where they're supposed to be.)
             "Be on your guard you guys... We don't know what they have planned for us, nor do we know what's going to happen to us tonight but I know that we will win since we are doing it together!" Kaitlynn said ignoring the burning pain in her chest from the locket.