Chapter 2: Cuts and Bruises

"After what happened, I could care less on what I missed during the party, nor do I care what happened!" Kaitlynn yelled slamming her door shut her brother flinching at the sound.
                 The family stared at her, completely shocked that she is even walking right now. Brandon, a 20 year old, who is also her brother, sighed putting his stuff down leaving the room. Her parents sat there only bruises covering their faces, while Kaitlynn was another ball game.
                 When she left the house, a hood over her face to cover the cuts and the bruises that are showing on her pale skin. Derek waved to her, jogging to her side grabbing her bag to hold it, she glared at him taking it away from him. "Leave me alone, I'm not in the mood for your stupid games..." She said facing him, he stared at him in shock and sighed.
                 "Just because you got into a car wreck, doesn't mean you can be rude to everyone that talks to you Kait." He said glaring back her, only to get punched in the gut by someone else. Kaitlynn turned away walking off, the person walking behind her.
                    Everyone stood there looking at her, some snickering at each other and some hesitating to even look at her. Kaitlynn stood there, her blonde hair now greasy, her eyes showing fear, and bruises showing on her neck and face. Her brother stood behind her ushering her to continue on walking.
             "Should I be sorry for her?" Jason said rubbing his head watching her walk to her class confused hearing a chuckle next to him, "Nah, she probably deserved it... But what happened to her anyways?" Erick said crossing his arms frowning. Jason shrugged watching Derek walk after the two siblings quickly. "Hey Derek! Come here for a second will you, we need to ask you something." Erick said waving his hand at the other guy.
                 He walked over to them not acting like his normal self, and the only thing he had said is four words. "Can't talk right now." He ran off to his class dropping the necklace which was in a small bag. Jason picked it up, staring at the small charm on the necklace. "A... Feather and a sword. Why would she even have a sword? She hates violence!" Jason mumbled putting it into his pocket making sure nobody was watching.
                The two guys glanced at where Derek had gone confused but mostly dumbfounded. (Yo, me again. Reason why they are dumbfounded is because Derek answers pretty much any question you ask him.)
                Kaitlynn sat in the back looking at her desk, while her brother sat beside her copying the notes down since every time she moves her hand, there's a sharp pain that spreads throughout her wrist then her arm. "Go to the nurse Kait.. Our sister is waiting for you." Brandon mumbled not looking up.
                Kaitlynn nodded and sighed leaving the classroom quickly with her head down, she didn't like her sister, nor did she even talk to her anymore. As she walked down the hall, unable to stand the pain in her wrist she gripped it tightly 'till she got to the nurses office. Kat, the nurse and also her sister, was waiting by the doorway holding pain pills. Kat smiled kindly at her not looking her in the eye, a certain smell.. Coming from her clothes, as if she was around gas.
                   "Lovely seeing that you're alright after that little wreck you had yesterday, how are you little sister?" She asked motioning her to come sit down, Kaitlynn glared at her mumbling under her breath annoyed,
                     "How was that a little wreck?! That was just [insert swear word] scary!!" Kaitlynn yelled, her voice echoing down the hallway her eyes wide. Her sister just smiled walking to her trying to calm her down, "Now now, calm down sweetheart no need to yell." Kat said to her sweetly, but when the other girl looked at her... Her eyes changed to pitch black and she only smiled as they went back to a light green.
                   Kaitlynn backed away slowly, and started to sprint down the hall, ignoring the stinging in her leg and her wrist now. She gasped for air not knowing that Eric and Jason were behind her, one of the guys quickly pulled her into a room the other closing the door quickly.
                   "What the [insert another word here] is going on?! Why was the nurse chasing you?!" Eric demanded slamming his hand down onto the table. She shook unable to answer him, she wrapped a hand around her neck and glared at both of them.
                   "Where is it?" She asked calmly standing up, they looked at her confused until she spoke again,
                    "Where is the necklace?! I need it!" She yelled her left eye turning bright blue, they stared at her wide-eyed confused, and worried. Jason looked at the eye and smiled calmly tossing the necklace explaining how they had the necklace.
                       "Derek had it... He had the necklace... Why'd he put it in a baggy though? Why.. Why?!" She yelled again punching a desk holding back tears. She only thought that she could trust her family and friends, but she was wrong.Jason and Erick watched her sadly, unable to understand why she was overreacting to the necklace being taken.
                    Kaitlynn looked at the baggy, and simply put the necklace on. She looked at the two boys unable to keep a staring at them, she turned away to the door. Jason hesitated, but he stopped her from doing so.
                   "What are you doing? Weren't you being chased down Kait?" He said showing some concern for the girl who is staring at the door, "Yes I was, and I could care less if I'm being chased right now... My brother is in the class the nurse is heading for." She said quietly unable to stand her guilt, she bolted out of the room.
                    "I can't... She can't, nobody can be in this school! Not while this is happening to my family!!" She screamed, some teachers poking their heads out of the rooms to watch her. Some shrugged it off, yet some noticed that only her left eye was blue... The other was a bright red.
                   There was a huge difference between herself, and everyone else the she knows at school... And at home. Kat stood by a window, her eyes pitch black, and she was unable to move. Brandon stood behind her, he only sighed at the sight.
                   "This is a shame... I thought you promised to get the pills for Kaitlynn... Not to try and kill her, same goes for you Derek..." He said glancing to the side seeing Derek standing there, holding a broken switchblade. (Hello again. My special readers, you're probably wondering what is going on with the story right now. It's a secret that you'll have to find out.)