Believe

Sitting in my room , i listened as i heard my moms moans and crys , nights like this i hated . Selling her body just so she can support her drug habit . Ive been working up enough money just so i can get her into a good rehabilitation center . Trying to save up money for that , and also with paying bills and the rent . I dont know who my father is , i was told he got killed before i was even born , and that was that . People see me and just assume that im just like my mom out here selling my pussy , and doing drugs , judging a book by its cover . I work hard for everything i get i work and attend college at atlanta technical college , studying medical assistant . Its hard and over whelming but , my hustle never stops , i may not have the latest trends or all that other materialistic bullshit , but i know i do have a roof over my head . And thats more important then anything ...

Hearing a loud crash , i jumped up as i heard my mom yelling. Pulling the door open , i ran down the hall into the living room , seeing some guy standing over my mom getting ready to hit her. I mentally rolled my eyes and grabbed the bat from behind the couch . I guess he heard me cause he turned around glancing at me with his eye raised .
"Oh so this is your daughter ?". He looked back at my mom , then at me grinning slowly walking my way ,
without thinking , i swung hitting him in the face , i watched a his body dropped to the ground . My body trembled as i held the bat in my hands looking down at the guy. He wasnt moving , i searched for a pulse it was faint .. so i called the police.
Helping my mom to her room , i sat in the living room with the bat in my hands waiting for the police and ambulance

"Are you sure thats everything that happened ma'am".  Nodding my head i looked up into the cops face , he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes.
"If you need anything heres my card dont hesitate to call okay"
"Okay".
Watching as he left out the apartment , i plopped down on the couch , the incident with the guy happened over a week ago , and the cops still questioning me . Like my answer is still the same , it will never change . Running my fingers threw my hair i sighed heavily i didnt know where my mom was shes been gone for two days so theres no telling where she could be or what she could be doing to het her next fix. I just felt like screaming . Standing up i walked down the hall to my room , grabbing my hoodie slidong it on . I grabbed my keys and wallet and rushed out the apartment .
Once i stepped outside of the building , i began my walk , i ended up going to ihop i had a little bit of enough to get me something to eat . As i sat at the booth waiting on my food , i looked around trying to figure out my next move . My eyes landed on two guys three booths ahead of me , one was brownskin the other darkskin. The brownskin guy was facing me so i could see his face , he had dreads that were done neatly pulled back , with two piercings on his eyebrow , tattoos covered his arms  and neck , you could tell they were in a deep conversation , looking down . I looked back up to see the guy that i was starring at looking directly at me . I groaned as my food was placed in front of me .