8.

I shot a glance at Convel and watched as he turned sharply and looked in Keshawn's direction. I saw him tense a little before he turned back to me. His blue eyes were dark with indignation. His muscles were flexing and all I could think of was our talk on the phone that morning. Oh damn.

"Hey Kay." Keshawn said coming to stand behind Convel who looked like he was about to explode. His jaw clenched in annoyance.

"Who's this boy?" Keshawn asked me pointing at Convel. It was almost comical the look on Convel's face. Funny because Keshawn couldn't see it. But I could, he was pissed.

"It's Convel." He growled. I saw Keshawn raise his eyebrows and smirk.

"Oh it's him. Babe why don't we-" Keshawn started looking at me.

"Why don't you just leave?" Convel spat still with his back to Keshawn. Keshawn stopped and frowned. The look in his eyes scared me. I glanced at Convel and his look was deadlier than that Keshawn displayed. It comforted me in a way.

"Oh rich boy's got some balls? Where'd you find this nigga?" Keshawn mocked and Convel huffed obviously flustered and fuming. Suddenly I saw his eyes flicker from their normal blue into a red and then nearly black.

What the hell?

"Yeah boy I do. You gotta problem with that?" Convel said slamming his fists on the table and standing up. I jumped and Chrystal and Maddi looked at me in shock. The whole cafeteria hushed as everyone gazed at the scene taking place in undeniable interest. My jaw slacked open.

Convel turned to face Keshawn and I saw that he had a few inches on the boy. Keshawn looked surprised but I could see him still playing his tough guy ego. His face held a smirk and his dark eyes gleamed.

"Maybe I do." Keshawn said in a challenging tone and Convel scoffed and started to chuckle. Before I knew it he was full fledged laughing.

"Oh man.... You're a joke." Convel laughed. He turned back to me and grinned. My heartbeat quickened.

"You're not worth it. You're not worth it at all." Convel chuckled and slid into the seat next to me wrapping his arms around me and planting a soft kiss on my head. To say I was shocked was an understatement. My freaking heart practically stopped!

"How do you deal with that?" Convel said to me in a disgusted voice and I shrugged. I honestly didn't know why I put up with Keshawn really. Maybe it was because he was my first crush?

"I don't know." I managed to say. Convel nodded and looked at me curiously.

"Man shut up. You don't know who you're talking to. I'd shut your mouth before you end up missing." Keshawn spit in a hard voice. I winced but instead of being afraid Convel laughed at the not so hidden threat.

"Was that a threat? I'll show you a threat." Before I knew what was happening Convel was out of his seat and holding Keshawn up by his shirt collar-literally holding him up-as in Keshawn's feet were off the ground.

"Mess with Kay again..." Convel paused maybe for affect then started back in a low chilling growl, "And you'll wish you were dead. Because what'll happen to you is way too good to let you ruin it by going six feet under. You'll beg that I kill you. I'm not the person to annoy and you kid are trying my patience." It was kind of cute and scary because Convel's voice was sharp and angry but a smile was still on his face. Convel dropped him and shoved Keshawn away then sat back down next to me as if nothing had happened. Without a word he buried his face in my hair and pulled me into a tight hug. I felt him relaxing and after a little bit he sighed and pulled away but only slightly.

"You wanna go man we can go right now!" Keshawn snarled stepping toward me and Convel. Convel just groaned and put his face back in my hair and his breath tickled my neck as he breathed heavily.