Game Play

*Law POV*

My boots pound against the sidewalk as I hurry toward Miss Hayashi's apartment.

I grind my back teeth together as I try to figure out what the hell was going on right now.

Why was the whole Family going after Miss Hayashi? Did I piss Doflamingo off when he called me the other day? Why the hell was he at the club? Why did he personally take interest in Miss Hayashi? What were they talking about right now?

What if he was asking Miss Hayashi to join his Family?

Miss Hayashi's coat starts to slip from the crook of my arm. I take a moment a rearrange her coat and her guitar case. I shouldn't have stopped because my mind starts playing devil's advocate.

Would it really so bad if she joined the Family? It would take the heat off of you? Maybe you could get out. She could be your replacement. You could see your friends again. Just throw her under the bus.

I knock my fist repetitively against my forehead, trying to knock some sense into me.

Rounding the corner to find a familiar black limo waiting for me.

I melt back into the shadows and try to decide if I want to wait Doflamingo out, walk pass, or confront him.

"Law, hiding from the head of the Family I see," Trebol's slimy voice appears behind me like phantom. He gives me an encouraging shove forward, "Boss would like to talk to you about your little friend."

"She isn't my friend. She is my quota so Sugar and you should keep your grubby hands off of her," I shrug him off and stride toward the limo.

The electrical hum of the window rolling down draws my attention toward the hideous coat made from dead flamingos that the Boss wears, "Thank you Trebol you may leave now. Law darling, can you please join me. I have been dying to talk to you."

His predatory smile warned me if I fled, it could easily be the end of my life. I stare lazily at him, "I guess I can spare a few minutes."

I slide in with Miss Hayashi's things on my lap. Even though Doflamingo always wore sunglasses I could tell he was staring intently at the items in my lap.

"So Law who is the charming brunette? A friend or maybe someone a little more?" The smiling bastard prods.

I shoot daggers at him, "She is my quota for next month. I would really be glad if you told the others Family members so they stop trying to steal my her."

Doflamingo leans over to me, his massive body looms over me, "Now now don't be so modest. I think she might be a little more than that. Tutoring her, visiting her at her house, going to her shows and now bringing her stuff in the dead of night to her."

"I am just trying to hold up an appearance, so she doesn't expect anything. That's it." I scoff.

He tilts my head up to face him with a large hand, "Now Sugar said Lillian ran up to you and gave you a hug. Trebol said you were ready to fight him to protect her. How come you watched our conversation in the shadows? So why Law dearest why?"

I jerk my head out of his grip, "Trebol was going to take my quota. You know how hard they are to find. With Sugar, I can't control how the girl feels about me. I was just surprised that you were out in the open like that. You minus well be royalty in this city. Why were you here tonight?"

He claps his hand a little too high on my leg, "Well all of my sources says this girl is very intelligent. Perhaps more intelligent than you. If I recall there was a scene in the cadaver labs where she made a fool of the teacher and you."