Knight in Shining Armor

*Ace POV*

I should have followed her. I left her go off alone. This is my fault.

I whip open the door to the Sabaody Hospital Emergency Room and storm, slightly intoxicated, over to the receptionist.

"What room is Lillian Hayashi in!? I need to know if she is okay. I left her alone for one second and then I ran into Penguin and he was spazzing out saying she wasn't breathing." I am speaking so fast I am not even sure my words are audible.

Luffy grabs my shoulder and jars me to the side, "Ace what room is she in? Is she okay? Is she dead?"

"BOYS!" Both of our attentions snap to the fiery red headed receptionist. "She is in room 216. She just had her stomach pumped so I am not sure if she will be awake."

The middle aged receptionist has a stern expression on her freckled face, "Now you two can go check on her quietly. You'll wake the patients with that kind of rowdy behavior."

We hang our heads low, "Yes ma'am"

She flashes a smile, "Now up those elevators and go down the right hall. She already has one person in her room. Try to keep the number of people to a minimum please. We don't want her to feel overwhelmed when she wakes up."

She looks us once over before we leave, "I don't know where you boys came from but button up your shirts. This is a hospital not a strip joint."

I blush a little and button only a few buttons on my yellow short sleeve button up that I luckily remembered to grab before I got in the taxi.

"If Traffy is with her she will be okay!" Luffy shoots me a reassuring smile.

I wasn't as trusting as my younger brother. I still had my suspicions about Law.

We pad down the hallway and finally find the room with the door partly open.

Luffy swings it open gently.

The room was an average hospital room. It was a soft blue with a tan love seat and blue recliner. It had wooden cabinets for patient's belongings and extra pillows and blankets. A small TV attached to the wall.

There was a large window with the beige curtains drawn. Only the side lamp was on in the room giving off a soft yellow glow.

And there she was. She lay still in her lace short sleeve dress. The dress's angelic lace was now stained with ugly dark mustard splotches from her body's attempt to get rid of the poisons put in her body. Her chestnut locks sticking to her forehead and neck. Her pale lips now died and cracked. There was already a slight bruising from where the IV was stuck in her arm.

To make things worse, Law was leaning on the bed passed out. His fingers loosely intertwined with hers.

A hot anger shot through my body.

Bastard was causing her so much stress and worry and here he is holding her hand like it was no big deal. This jackass was cutting up girls for Doflamingo.

So I swiftly kick his chair causing him to yelp and fall to the floor in a heap. Not something I probably would do if I was sober but damn it all, I wanted answers.

"What is your problem Mr. Portgas? It is rude to kick people to the ground when they are unconscious." He rubs a hazy eye.

"Stay away from Lily. I don't want suspicious crook working for Doflamingo putting her life in danger." I fume staring at Law who is complacent on the floor.

"Ace! That was mean thing to say to Traffy! Apologize!" My brother scolds as he extends a helping hand to Law.

Law straighten his hat and pulls his chair to Lily's bed side, "Your brother is right Straw Hat. If I hadn't of left for those few minutes to see where my crew was, she wouldn't have been drugged." Regret weighed heavy on his shoulders.