Chapter 12: Scars are the only reminder of hurt

We all walked into school together, a couple of stares and glares were made but nothing that caught my eye, until I spotted the blonde haired girl at Sammy's locker. He stated at her, and so did I, "Sammmy!" She hugged him tight. "Get off me Cara. What the hell do you want" she let go of him and glared at me "what is she doing here. Are you guys like dating? If so your an ugly thing next to Sammy" I ignored her and Sammy spoke up for me, but when she asked if we were dating I saw him blush a little.

"Cara DONT! Speak about her like that" her eyes widened.

"Whatever! Where's my boyfriend?"

Her boyfriend? Why would Sammy know?

Cara squealed in delight before making her way to the back of us and jumping on a very confused person who she seems to be kissing. TALK ABOUT PDA! Damn! Before I could turn around for disgust. I got a glimpse of who her boyfriend was. COLE?

what the fuck?

He pushed her off him, and before I knew it our gazes met. Cara was talking to him about something. But he wasn't paying attention he was just looking at me.

And there's that 'feeling' again.

What are you doing to me? A tinge of pink hit my cheeks as I felt them burning up.

"What?" He said to Cara. He tore away from me, it looked like it was the hardest thing for him when he had to turn his attention to the blabbering woman standing in front of him.

"Cara go away!" He shoved straight past her, and pasted us. He turned to Sammy and gave him a weird look. One I've never seen before. Cara was trailing after him until Sammy stood in front of her.

"Urgh what are you doing?" She asked him trying to look over his shoulder For Cole.

"You and Cole aren't dating, you never did. Leave him!"
She huffed in annoyance and stood at Sammy's attention
"You don't get to tell me what to do! Get back to your donkey over there and take a hike"
I knew she was referring to me as the donkey. It kind of stung my self esteem a bit. Did I really look like a donkey?

"Cara I mean it!" He gave her a glare. And she quickly backed off.

Angry Sammy?

I don't know but it's kinda hot.

Dalancie was over at her locker. So while Sammy was caught up with that I went over and seen her.
"Hey, how are you?" She had no hesitation on turning around to start a full conversation with me like we've been friends forever.

I heard footsteps behind me and Sammy trailed along beside me. Must be finished with her.

Dalancie blushes at Sammy presences, "I'm sorry for your loss Dalancie, me and the guys should have known better then to leave you to support yourself"
She nods and waves it off "it's fine"
Sammy thinks his off the hook. By just saying that.

"And?" I say, he stands there dumbfounded, like he has no clue, he can't be serious? Just a sorry, after years of neglect? No way!
"Uh?" I nudge him and he steps forward leaning behind me, then putting his head on my shoulder "would you like to hang out with us?"
I turned so my face was looking at his, I could feel his minty breath fan my skin. And I smiled, good job Sam!
"Uh only if it's okay with you guys I mean I-" stopping her, she sighs, and I hug her, Dalancie knows it's more than okay to hang out with us.

----------------

"Mr Hunter, will you kindly read out the text notes from the board, I'm sure your very interested in the language of William Shakespeare" Mr. Connell pointed to where Cole had to read out. And he refused. We had a substitute today, due to illness of Mr. Bates.