Chapter 9: Arrogance is ignorance

^^^ the one and only beautiful Rihanna stars in here as Everlyn's new friend Dalancie, theres no one hotter than Rihanna, but her and beyonce are equal and apparently there is in this story, rihanna plays an outkast😉😘

-----------------

Two days passed and it was the starting of school, Sammy promised me he'd pick me up in the morning and it's already 8:00, school starts in fifteen minutes and I want to get shown around so I don't get lost throughout the day, or bug Sammy on telling me where the classes are.

Picking up my phone, I dial his number and hold the slim phone to my ear.

"Yeah I'm coming, I literally just pulled into your street" hanging up I yelled out to Kaye and she came running down the stairs.

"Aw my big girl! Have fun today, do you have enough money for food?" She asked getting her purse out of her bag that was behind me on the cupboard next the the doorframe.

"Yeah I'm fine, I have like $40 left it's all good, I'll be fine" Sammy honked the horn and I hugged Kaye right "please make it out alive" she chuckled kissing me on the forehead "don't overreact Kaye, I'll be fine, see you later! Have fun at work"
I winked and walked out the door to where Sammy was parked in my driveway with the engine running "I love you" Kaye yelled from the door.
"I love you too" blowing her a kiss.

I hop into the car and buckle up "took your time, my grandma is faster than you!" Hitting him playfully he pretends to be hurt, then backs out of the driveway and onto the road, we take off towards school and to be honest, I'm not as nervous as I was now that I'm with Sammy.

-----------------

The school swarmed with freshly showered teens with their backpacks flying into their lockers, grabbing their books and scurrying off to class, Sammy pulled my schedule out of my hands and checked what class I was in.
"27B4 history, that's just around here" he showed me the class and I turned around. He hugged me tight and took my bag from me "here, Let me have this, my locker is just up there, I'll be here to pick you up after class and I'll show you where your locker is after"

nodding nervously he cups my face "don't be nervous! Everyone will love you! You'll do fine!" I felt weird with Sammy's touch on me like that. His my friend, and I still haven't gotten over Nate really.
I pull away from Sammy in awkwardness but he didn't seem phased by it.

Saying our goodbyes, I open the door and enter to a loud classroom and kids throwing paper at each other. The teacher hadn't showed up yet which was good I guess he or she doesn't have to know I was a minute late.

Walking, I take a seat at the back where hardly anyone could notice me and put my head down. The teacher walks in shortly after and sets his things down. "Alright class, take out your pens and paper, we have a lot of writing to get down today, firstly you can start off with telling me what you know about African American slavery" I jot down quick notes about it while he calls out the role

"Jerryd Abrahams?"

"Present"

"Kelly bereti?"

"Present"

He called out a few names before getting to mine, but he looked confused and cringed.
"Everlyn Misicarda?"

"Present"

"Ms. Misicarda? Could you please stand up so I can get a look at who you are, your the new student aren't you?"

Standing up from my spot, there was an awkward silence and the sound of people turning in their chairs to look at me. "Indeed I am sir. Everlyn" I repeated my name to him and he smiled "alright Everlyn, I'm Mr. Bates, the history teacher, would you like to tell me where you came from and what you intend to do when you leave high school?"
All eyes were still on me. I was shaking. Why is this happening to me?