Chapter 14: Worrying is a bitch

"Where have you been?" Kaye stood at the top of the stairs before jogging down to me.

"Out!" I was calm enough to talk but not calm enough to if Kaye was to push my buttons I'd go straight off again.

"It's almost one in the morning Everlyn! Where have you been?"

"I was at the gym! Gosh do you have to ask so many questions?" Worrying is such a bitch.

I was about to walk up the stairs when she stopped me.
"I didn't know where you were. What if something happened to you?"

"But nothing did now can you please move!" I tried getting past her but she blocked me off.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked. Kaye, just move so I can go to bed!

"Nothing move!"

"Seriously eves what's going on?"

"NOTHING KAYE! NOW WILL YOU GET OUT OF MY GOD DAMN WAY SO I CAN SLEEP!" Her eyes widened and I wasn't in the mood to watch her talk lecture to me.
Shoving past her I went upstairs and into my room. My bed was unmade. Which was a bonus for me. Don't have to worry about getting into a tidy bed.
I pull the blanket over me and turn on my side. My hand resting under my cheek as I stare into the darkness of my room.
Thoughts of Cole ran through my head. And I couldn't stop thinking about his face when I yelled at him. It wasn't even his fault, but I'm not sorry for yelling at him.
What does that make me?

I yell at someone for no reason, and don't feel sympathy for them. Am I that horrible? I hit Tyler.

Tyler!

Oh god!

I hit Tyler!
And I didn't even! Oh no!

Getting up I ran for his room. Barging in. He was sound asleep on the floor. Crawled up like a baby. Walking over to him. I see he'd been crying. The light for the hallway, lit the room just enough so I could see his face.
His eyelashes wet from the tears. His arm rested out and his head using it for support. Oh what did I do to him?
Grabbing a blanket and a pillow, I quickly lay next to him and wrap it around us. Putting the pillow underneath my head and his. He shuffled a bit but didn't move after  that.

Reaching for his face I kiss his forehead,
"I'm so sorry Tyler! I didn't mean it" with that said I fell asleep next to my big brother. Out of all people, I hurt him the most. I'm sorry Tyler. Sleep well.

----------------

In the morning I woke up to nothing, Tyler was gone and the blankets were on me. Sitting up I quickly stretch and rub my eyes, to wake myself up more. Then a throat cleared and I turn my head so far it hurt my neck. I put my hand on it so it hurt less.

"Hi" I said, Tyler had been sitting in the chair opposite his bed. Watching my every move.
I looked at my watch to check what time it was and the time read.
8:45
Shit I am so late! Ripping the blankets up I quickly jolt to the door before Tyler stopped me in my tracks.
"What the hell?" I said. Trying to get out but he stood there. Eyes blood shot and puffy.

Oh! Last night.

Standing up straight, Tyler fixes himself up and looks me straight in the eyes.
"I hate you!" The words that just came out of his mouth, terrified me.

"What?" I stumbled a bit, my legs went to jelly.

"Get out of my room! I'm so angry at you right now!" 
I wouldn't blame you Ty! I've been a complete and utter disgrace.

"You don't really hate me do you?"
His eyes looked so cold. And deep. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"YOU HIT ME EVES! Just get out!" I could see tears swimming in his eyes. But he wasn't going to break. He was stubborn like that. Just like me.