Chapter 5

Kankri's P.O.V.

You rush out the car, leaving Karkat to lug your bags into the house

"Oh, hii Kankrii, how'2 iit'2 goiing?" Sollux greets you as you knock on the frantically and you shake your head, you mustn't get sidetracked! You're first and only priority is Cronus, your moirial. You push pass him and stumble in to see Porrim's dancestor, Kanaya sitting there smiling.

"Ah, hello Kankri, how are you? I assume that you are here because of the request I asked you?" She says, still smiling, maybe it's just you, but she really irked you.
"Yeah, don't you have a matesprit to be getting to?" You say harshly and Karkat gasps behind you,swatting your head with a rolled up newspaper like a human would do a dog. You growl lowly at him as a warning.

"I wouldn't have to hit you if you didn't get all batshit crazy on people who have been here all this time. Calm the fuck down Kankri. She is just here to help, if she wasn't here, he would be dead. Now quit your bitching." Karkat quips harshly and you actually cringe at the fury. Usually it wasn't directed at you, but to actually feel it was the worse since you two were matesprits.

"Sorry.." You mumble, putting your head down in shame. He laughs softly and lifts your chin up with his index finger pecking you on the lips.
"Don't be. You were just concerned. It's natural, just make sure you calm yourself down a little. That's all I ask." He says softly and you start purring as he starts scratching the side of your ear.
"*cough* Ahem. If you twwo are goin ta be like that, then take it ta the bedroom." Eridan giggles and you blush, holding Karkat's hand.

"I see you have a matesprit now Karkat. When did this happen?" Kanaya smirks and it was Karkat's turn to blush.
"None of your business Kanaya! I didn't ask when did you start being flushed for Rose now did I?!" Karkat screeches playfully at Kanaya and she keeps smirking.

"No you didn't, but I was more than welcome to let you know when o started as you would call it, 'fucking' her. Do you wish to hear the juicy details?" Kanaya giggles and Karkat puts his hands to his ears, mumbling 'no,no,no,no' over and over. You giggle and sigh.
"What's his condition?" You ask quietly in fear of invoking Karkat's wrath again and her face turns grave.

"Stabilized for now. But it was a really close call, I was afraid that he wasn't going to make it." She says deathly calm and you feel the words pierce your heart. You weren't even aware you were shaking and were about to go into a panic attack until you felt Karkat behind you telling you to count down from 10. You kept shaking and soon even though you felt no control over your body, you felt tears rolling down your face.

"Kankri?" Mituna's voice rang out to you and you just silently kept weeping. He must have felt bad because before you knew it, he was hugging you.
"Relax... It'5 okay. He'5 okay, you're okay. No one i5 hurt just keep telling yourself that and you'll be okay." He says as he started running circles in your back. Soon, even though you hate to admit, you were lulled to sleep.

Karkat's P.O.V

You look at Kankri and Mituna start snuggling on the couch, Kankri sleeping as the exhaustion get to him. You stare at Kanaya and she shrugs her shoulders and smiles at them.
"Don't worry about them Karkat. Kankri needs the sleep. And Mituna needs it just as much. " She says with a knowing smile on her face. You sigh and head in the room to check up on Cronus, seeing as he still had the eggs in him.

Kankri smiles from the doorway.                                                                                                                                                "I'm worried for my moirial, but.... I suppose I should believe in Kanaya. Good luck Cronus, may you lay your eggs." You whip your head back to look at Kankri who seemed to have popped out of nowhere. You were sure he was asleep with Mituna by now, but then again, Kankri doesn't sleep at all really. It's probably from all the nicotine he intakes everyday all day. 

"Kankri. Go back to sleep now. You need it if you're going to be of any use to Cronus later."