-The Other Side-

"I thought we agreed that if I answered your questions then you’d put the fan on the floor?”  Andelus muttered unhappily.

            “…and I will once you answer all of my questions.  Okay, so we’ve talked about the meaning of life, what happens after you die, what heaven is really like, what hell is really like and Noah’s Ark.  So just a few more and I’ll keep my word, okay?”  I smirked from under my warm quilt, high up on my comfortable bed.

            He sighed. 

            “Next question.  How long is eternity really?” 

            He grew quiet for a moment before answering, “Imagine if you could, that time is all you remember.  Every memory, deed done and every second passed.”  Then he paused.

            I waited then commented, “…and?”

            “…eternity would be entered the very moment when you’ve lost track of time.  Even then, however, you’ve managed to create time.  It’s the moment you forgot time.  You keep eternity once you’ve forgotten all concepts of time.  Next question.” 

            I smiled childishly at his answers, “Amazing.  That’s a long time to forget something.  It’s almost like never knowing.  Yet another impressive answer, okay, next question.  What’s the deal with haunted houses?”

            “…mostly demonic spirits taunting human’s from inside their homes.  Next question.”

            I frowned, “Well that was lackluster.  Next question.  Why do bad things happen to good people?”     

            “Who is good but God?  The world where you’re from is filled to its brim with death, corruption, sickness, greed, and pain.  People shun God, as if he is supposed to be a God who fixes everyone’s problems.  When the truth is, humans cry about wanting free will only to have God save them from their choices.  If God allows you to fall, you whine that he could have saved you.  If he never lets you fall, you whine that you’re being controlled and have no free will.  So he lets you make your own choices and judges what you’ve done knowing that you could have stopped yourself at any time.  While he knew you’d do wrong, he still gave you the choice.  You have free will, you are simply predestined.”

            “…okay, so you totally didn’t answer my question.”

            He sighed, “…because, none are truly good in the eyes of God.  Giving everything you own away to the poor doesn’t make you a good person.  Heaven is God’s, if you wish to enter in you’ll do what he required.”

            “You’re tired of answering my questions aren’t you?”  I scoffed, “So what’s up with your speech?  Why sound all proper all the time?”

            “My speech is fine.” 

            “My speech is fine,” She said mockingly in an overly deep voice.

            He reached up and shook the bed wildly before setting it down, “My speech isn’t the issue, you gave me your word and…” 

            Before he could re-explain the issue the calming breeze of the fan raced across his skin.

            “Why so admit about the fan?  You miss flying?” She commented jokingly.

            “Your feet stink. And you like to park your sneakers down here.  It’s cruelty.”

            She silently gasped as the tone of his voice altered from the soothing, reassuring tone, into a younger, brasher version.