-Brightest Memories-

[Tierra Speaking]

The tearing at the roof of Kyle's car sent chills down my spine as Reapers continue to pursue us out of the woods.  We were now racing along an empty highway at break neck speeds.  Andelus was nowhere in sight.  Hayden, however, had been slumped down in the back seat due to Reapers stabbing and piercing the roof of Kyle's Prius.  I can't believe they got to him-Kyle.  It almost seems unreal.  But after what Andelus told me about myself nothing seem real to me anymore.  Without Andelus present to fend off the Reapers it was in my hands to save us both.  He told me this would happen, serves me right for doubting an Angel, death or otherwise, at his word.

The car was jolted back and forth as a few of the reapers rammed and slammed their bodies into the rear of the vehicle.   Others wanted the car ripped apart, starting with the roof.  They would have their wish granted as half of the roof was cut clean from the car.  Now, the reapers would swoop and dive from the sky trying to land in the backseat to get to Hayden.  I quickly reached back and shook Hayden gesturing for her to climb into the front passenger seat.  But as she did one of the reapers managed to successfully land on the trunk of a car.  The reapers weight forced more pressure down on the back tires causing the car to decrease in speed.  The reaper, however, taking advantage of the situation, decide to reach in and pull Hayden free.  She was light on words after seeing Kyle have his head torn from his body by Andelus but as the reaper began to lift her from the backseat she let out a bloodcurdling scream. 

I screamed at the top of my lungs while swerving on the open road, "No!”

My swerving caused the reaper to lose balance, but Hayden’s kicking and screaming granted her freedom.  After falling back into the backseat Hayden swiftly clutched the seat belt in the center of the back seat.  She was terrified.  As she clutched her chest her body slumped across the empty rear seats.  I gestured for her to join me up front then began to put my driving skills to the test.  I refuse to let them have her or me for that matter, and if I was going to save us I needed to act now.

Slowly the open road became more cluttered with debris and vacant cars.  As I swerved around the phantom traffic we finally arrived back into city limits.  We were excited to see some new surroundings but I knew something was wrong. 

“Where's Andelus?  Is he back there?” 

Hayden peered at me through the overheard mirror, then over her shoulder-nothing.

“I can’t see him.  Is it possible they got to him?”  She continued glaring out of the cracked rear window frantically.

Frightened, I peered down at my right palm, “Where ever he is I know he’s doing his best to get to you Hayden!  I need you here.  There are Reapers ripping the trunk off the car!”

Hayden turned, viewing Tierra in the overhead mirror yet again, “I-I’m here.  I’m here.” 

Tierra quickly motioned over her shoulder.  Still reeling from the shock of losing Kyle, Hayden carefully climbs into the front passenger seat as the car is attacked by the ghostly thirteen.  As the two peeled down the interstate, the angel of their affections remained chained in prayer near their cabin. 

Andelus found himself in a deep state of remorse as he backtracked to the cabin.  His intention was to bury Kyle’s remains.  Digging with only his hands, Andelus buried the young man’s remains in the deep recesses of his mind as well as Hayden’s.  He, being an angel, knowing his time was limited then continued back to the road and took a seat.  He knew he had to be patient.          

Meanwhile, the two ladies found themselves in a far worse situation.  The Reapers were denting and cutting away at the blue chaise of their vehicle.  The cars performance in this situation was immensely underwhelming, but with me behind the wheel the car reacted like clockwork, much to Hayden’s surprise, seeing as how I was never much of a driver.