Chapter Five

Chapter Five

(Fooling Mode begins)

"Hurry up!" Hinata snapped as Naruto rushed to meet her at their designated location.

"I know I'm sorry I was late Hinata! Shion kept bugging to follow me and..." Naruto began but Hinata turned on her heel and walked off.

"I have no interest in hearing your excuses Uzumaki." she said in a clear voice and Naruto gulped as he tagged beside her.

They walked in silence and Naruto finally cocked his head sideways, looking at her.

"So what makes you wanna join ANBU?" he asked and she smirked sideways at him.

"Why? Jealous?" she taunted and his face puffed up as he stomped his feet.

"No I'm not! ANBU isn't that great anyway!" he crossed his arms and Hinata chuckled.

"It's not like you're in the super elite team like Sasuke!" he retorted and Hinata giggled as Naruto raised an eyebrow.

"What?!" he asked in an irritated tone.

"I am actually on the same team as Sasuke. Didn't he tell you he has a new team leader?" she asked, not looking at him.

Naruto thought hard and snapped his fingers.

"Oh yea he did say his other team mates said the new team leader has a hot body but no one has seen her face yet..." then his eyes bulged at the realisation. "Wait!! That was you?!?" he asked in disbelief as Hinata smirked again.

"Yea. I was appointed the new team leader for Pegasus." she said nonchalantly as Naruto stopped walking & his jaw dropped, staring at her back.

Since when did the sweet, shy, Hinata become so tough and intimidating to be promoted to be team leader?!? Furthermore in Pegasus team?!?

Heck Akamaru has more chance of being the team leader than Hinata!

"Are you coming or are you gonna just keep staring at my ass?" Hinata turned around and asked as Naruto closed his mouth and ran ahead to catch up with her...

(Fooling Mode ends)

*~*

(Cloudiness begins)

Naruto's P.O.V.:

"We probably should set up camp here." I said as Hinata shrugged and put down her backpack.

"Erm..." I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "Hinata?"

Hinata was unpacking her stuff and her sleeping bag, never stopping to look at me.

I took a deep breath and continued.

"Idon'thaveasleepingbag." I blurted quickly and she stopped, never looking up.

"Why didn't you bring one." she said, still staring at the stuff laid out on the ground.

"I forgot?" I said stupidly.

Well really, I forgot.

Hinata sighed as she tossed me her sleeping bag.

"Erm what about you?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I'll just sleep on a tree branch. I'm used to it." she said nonchalantly and immediately, I felt bad.

"Hinata, it's okay..." I said but she started making a campfire.

"I'm the one who went for ANBU training here so it's only right that I have the upper hand to protect the both of us." she said and I grew a bit annoyed at her comment.