Chapter 16

It was the day when finally when the wedding
rituals were staring.. Today was the Mehndi ceremony.

Everybody was having a gala time but nandini was looking at the door as if shewas waiting for someone .everyone notices her strange behaviour.

Manik: ( who was sitting next to her puling her closer) nandini what happened tum bar bar door ki taraf dekh rahi ho ...why.?

Varun: Woh na Manik. Tu bandar hai toh teri shakal dekh kar woh bore ho gai issliye bahar dekh rahi hai.

Manik:(rolling his eyes puting hand on heart) Owww am hurt Nandu thats not fair..

Nandini:( in irritated tone) Manik and bhai will you both please stop this nonsense..

Atonce everyone stopped talking and looked at Nandini; surprised to see her getting angry on angry on Manik.
Before Manik could utter a word, Cabir spoke," Wahh, Finally!! Monster Manik ki sangat mein rehke hamari Nandini bhi 'Angrybird' ban gayi

Nandini just rolls her eyes and and looks towards the door and goes upstairs
Manik follows her. He goes inside and finds Nandu sitting on the bed . The room was dark snd is the star lamp which Nandu had once gifted manik was lighted up . Nandu had her eyes closed and tears were flowing down her cheeks.

Manik cupped her cheeks hand wiped her tears.
Manik: shhh!! Its okay ...chup hojao..what happened niche gussa thi , abhi ro rahi ho. Nandu bolo what happened .pls kuch bolo . I am getting scared....kuch to bolo-

Veebha:(laughing) Usse bolne toh de pagal ( thhinking in mind) phele jaisa hi pagal ka pagal.

Manik: V
Nandini: Diii (in chorus)

Nandini and Manik (together): Ek minute!! How do u know her..

Veebha: Haan hi mari behan hai aur Potato (Nandu) ye hi hai Manik mera bachpan ka dost.

Listening this Manik looked towards Veebha confused while Nandini quickly hugged Manik to hide her face.

Manik:(hugging Nandini back) What happened V ko dekh ke rona gayab ho gaya and ye potato koun hai

Veebha: oooooooo wo potato ! Voh toh nandu hi. I call her that because of her cheeks.

Manik listening this starts laughing hysterically.

Nandu(pushing Manik): Mani tum na hato. I hate you. Nahi karni baat tumse muje. You are so mean laughing at me. Mujpe has rahe ho tim.

Manik was still laughing.

Nandu(trying not to start laughing): Manik stop laughing. I am warning you.

Manik(still laughing): kyu kya karogi baby potato.

Nandu: Manik haan main na tumse shaadi nahi karugi.
(Sticking out her tongue)

Manik( straightening himself): Oh aacha.... Haan toh thik hai , mujhe bhi tumse shanti milegi..... Yippieee.

Nandu: huh... Thik hai toh rahi shanti se... Bye. Muje tumse shaadi nahi karni..
( Making a cute puppy faces and going out of the room dragging Veebha with her.)

Manik (laughing to himself and following Nandu downstairs and trips on the last stair because of sock)
He falls face first on the carpet and seeing this Dhruv, Aliya, Mukti, Cabir, Navya, Veebha, Varun and Nandu started laughing.