Cassey

I yawn, sleeping in a king sized bed. I was buried by the large black and red comforter. The room was pitch black, and I couldn't recall how I got here. The last thing I do remeber was meeting Don. He said there was no point in trying to kill him now, because I'd need him later. Of course I got angry, yet against my better judgement I let him go. Later Alex told me we couldn't stay any longer, and sent Don away. There was this huge blue swirl of color, I remember Alex saying we had to jump into it. He said, "Since you're not used to traveling between worlds, you might experience some side effects." I was reluctant, so he winked and pushed me in. Lord I hate him.

Now, I needed to get out of this bed.

I leap out of the bed, yet I can hardly see. I circle around the bed in search of a light switch, but instead a slit of yellow light catches my eye. I quickly rush to it, feeling wary of the dark surrounding me. I find that it's a door, and reach for the knob, but I can't touch it. My hand goes right though it. I claw at the knob, and with each attempt came the same results. I back up, run for the door, and brace for impact. Now, after going straight through the door, I see a kitchen and a living room, not separated by walls.

I hear what sounds like voices to my left, and see Alex sitting on the couch, watching some cartoon. He sits still, and without moving a muscle he speaks, "I see you're awake."

I walk closer and take a seat on the one person sofa beside his chosen sofa. I glare at him, "Yup."

He was eating twizzlers, laughing at the television. There was a glass table between him and the flat screen. On the table was a coffee cup, empty, and two bags of strawberry twizzlers.

"Want one?" Alex smiled looking at me. He reached in the bag, handing a red stick my way.

I was going to accept, then I remembered the door knob. "Why can't I touch anything?"

"Oh..." He put the offered twizzler to his mouth, bitting a chunk out of the top, "You're still dead. And now we're in the 'human' world, so...you're more like a ghost. Yet, you being an an angles house, most things enable you to touch, eat, and sleep, although you don't need it. You'll get used to it."

I laughed. How can you get used to being dead?

"Anyway," Alex turned to face me with a serious look, " We have a big day tomorrow. We are going to try to discover... your power!" He smiled, all his teeth exposed as he throw his hands up and did a 'mind blown' gesture.

His enthusiasm scared me, but I laughed despite myself.

"So, if I'm a ghost can you see through me?" I asked with genuine curiosity, but he frowned at me. I couldn't tell if he was thinking, or if he thought I was stupid. He looked at nothing in particular as he answered, "Well, no, because I'm not really alive either, so you're basically another human in my eyes. But to anyone else, you're the typical kind of ghost." He made eye contact with me, hope installed on his face.

I nodded. I guess that makes sense, but if he is like me then how can people see him?

"Oh! Since I'm an angel, or as you like to put it 'reaper', then people do see me. But, in this case, I'm seen with brown eyes, no wings, and more tan not-so-pale-glowing skin. Plus, I need to see others life span, so I know when to collect their souls, or who will collect their souls for that matter." He finished talking with a heavy sigh. It's as if he knew what I was thinking. That's always the case with him though.

"Wait, what do you mean by who?"

He got up from his seated position, making his way over to the kitchen, "Well, you didn't think their was only one of us, did you?"