Demitris

"Knock"

"Knock"

I heard two knocks at my front door. "Agh! What time is it." I ask myself. I'm in my bedroom, darkness fills the space. The headboard of my bed is against the wall where my door stands, as well as a little black table in the shape of an hour glass.

I reach over to the table, turn on my little white lamp, and check the time. 3:20.

"Knock"

"Agh! I'm coming!" I yell out. I put on a pair of black jeans, since I was only wearing underwear and a black tank top. My hair was down, brown, and wavey. I open the door to my bedroom and walk down a short hallway were my bathroom is and another room I keep locked.

I haven't heard another knock in a long time, but when I open the door I'm not only surprised to see the person still standing there, but who it is.

"I'm so sorry...I'm so so sorry. It wasn't meant to happen! I'm so-so-"

"Dan-Danny!" I didn't know what to do. Danny was in front of me, his white hair was messy, his hands and clothes are stained red, even his face. His eyes, beautiful ocean blue eyes, were full of tears. "Danny? What happened? Why are you crying!?" I didn't know what else to say.

"Demi...tris," He started to walk into my apartment, only studying the floor in front of him, his hands shaking furiously, "I-I got hungry, or thirsty, and she was standing right there. She... Her blood smelled.....so... And then I couldn't help myself," As he spoke, he started to get louder and more panicked,"Agh!!! The MONSTER I am. What have I become!?! What have I DONE!" He fell to his knees and he just couldn't stop the tears from gushing out of his eyes. I closed the door as soon as he walked in, but I never stepped away from it. My back pressed up against the cold, solid, dark wood.

I cared about Danny. I was born to kill him. I was made to kill his kind. Vampires, Wolves, and almost any other supernatural being out there. I was meant to kill him, yet... We cared to much for each other. I new him when I was being trained by my father. Wooden steak to the heart, silver bullets always, and never hesitate. Never!

"Danny, calm down please.... I know you didn't mean to... To do what you did." I whisper softly, finally leaving the door, and bent down to see Danny more clearly. He looked at me, saddened, shocked, and most of all, alone.

I help him up and we went to my bathroom. I put my hands up to his face. He looked down at me.

"I.....cause you so much pain. So much pain, my love. Why do you stay, why not kill me?" He said this, gently looking into my eyes. The lighting was bright. I had white tile on my floor and my counters are white. The shower had a glass door and a glass surrounding, the shower walls are a darker brown than the shower floor. The toilet and toilet paper roll are next to the counter installed with two sinks and a large mirror above. The walls painted white.

Danny's hands move to the small of my back. I smile and don't know what to say, so he quickly says, "Because you love me," He leans toward me until his lips touch my ear and he slowly whispered, "And...I....love you." He let go of me and I let go of him as he announced that he was going to take a shower. I left, closed the door, and leaned against it.

I do love you, Danny.