Demitris

It had been two days since my altercation with Cassey. If I was honest with myself, her power had scared me. Clearly, she had more of a grip on it, and she wasn't dumb either.

       As I step out of the shower I continue to replay the image over and over again.

       Her eyes contained fire, and the entire surrounding had changed. For one second, it was as if we were in a cabin, but then it changed to a large mansion interior. Chandeliers and high ceilings.

       She had projected an image of fire, and not only could I see the flames, but I could feel the heat, and hear the crackles of burning wood. But I could hear more. A girl, young, was screaming, "mom". Was she unintentionally hinting at her past?

       It seemed to be complicated, her past. And this made it difficult to know anything about her, yet I refuse to let her get away. After all, she declared war.

       I had finished dressing, and examined myself in the mirror. Wearing a white tank top, with my black skinny jeans, combat boots, and leather jacket, which contained small knifes, and my favorite revolver. Giving myself a nod, I went for the door.

       Suddenly, I heard the sound of the front door, I couldn't tell if it were opening, or reacting to wind, and against my better judgement I drew my revolver.

       Twisting the knob to the bathroom door, I listen intently. I slowly made my way down the hall, keeping My gun close to My chest. My front door was closed, and that put me on high alert.

       I edged around the corner. It was silent. I took in a deep breath.

                          Squawk!!!

     I almost pulled the trigger when I heard this loud noise, but I realized it was a small black bird.

     I sighed in relief, and replaced the gun in my jacket, "How the he'll did a crow get in here?" I marched to open one of my window's, but stopped when I realized one was already open.

       I quickly whipped around pointing the barrel of the gun directly between the eyes of my intruder.

        "You're fast." Don said with a wink.

       "What do you want?" I asked, pushing the barrel between his eyes.

       He put his hands up in the air, "Relax. I just want to talk to you."

       I put the gun back again, and walked past him, grabbing my car keys off the coffee table, "I don't have time."

       "Yes you do." He said matter-a- factly.

       Don was an angel of death. His most annoying feature was knowing the future. It was impossible to argue with him, because he had the ability to end your life, or manipulate your future. Not exactly the way you want either.

       I sighed in acceptance, "Fine. You have my damn attention, but make it quick, I have shit to do."

       "I know," I rolled my eyes as he continued, "I also know that telling you what I am going to tell you will result in many future changes, but you do want to know."

       "Oh really?" I said, shooting him a questioning look.

       "Yes. Because it involves capitol C." He smirked, putting his finger in the air.

       I thought for a few seconds before noticing who he was talking about, "Wait... You know where she is?!"

       "Knew. And relax,  because I am here to tell you everything I know." Don walked over to the couch, and took place, propping his ankle on his knee.