Danny

I decided to wait till sun rise to start heading out to William's place, but was unable to leave Demitris. I always noticed that she appeared much more relaxed when she was asleep. Her breathing slow and steady; her beating heart slow and calm.

I slept very little, overwhelmed by last nights events, yet it's still not over. I need to go now and get this over with, before Demitris gets up.

I head for the door carrying a note, a note of everything that happened in that alley last night, and reach for the door knob.

"Wait!" I turn and face the object of sound, Demitris. "I'm coming with you, Danny."

"No. You know how William is, and I am not letting you come-"

She begins to laugh, "That wasn't a question, Danny. I am coming with you."

"Demi-" She runs up to me, and gently puts a finger to my lips.

"I'm going with you." She looks into my eyes, moving her finger. She turns around toward her room, but before closing the door she winks at me. Sadly, I can never refuse her requests.

After Demitris exits her room, dressed in a black tank top and blue skinny jeans matched with combat boots, we leave.

When we arrive at the tall brick building, I start to get worried. I know I should grow a pair, but William is not to be messed with.

"What's wrong, Danny Boy. Are your feet glued to the floor, or what? Let's go." Demitris laughed, and soon hopped up the steps. I soon followed, walking though the automatic opening doors.

A chandelier hung huge on the ceiling, glistening. The floors were blanketed with tan carpets and walls wrapped in chocolate colors. Each window contained silk red curtains.

"Welcome, my lovely guests!" William suddenly bursts through another pair of chocolate colored doors with open arms. "Oh how long it's been since I've seen you two!"

He struts up to Demitris with a smile, taking her hand swiftly, "Demitris, dear." He kisses her hand; she scoffs and rolls her eyes. William chuckles, yet turns to me with a serious expression. "Danny." He nodds his head, "Who'd you kill this time?!" He throws his head back and laughs, putting a hand on my shoulder. He leads Demitris and I to his office.

"So," he shuts the door and makes his way to his bar, "I still want an answer to my question. Who did you kill." He looked up from his scotch and ice, awaiting an answer.

"I believe her name is Cassey." I say, with very little confidence.

"Oh? Well, take me to the body and we shall see."

                           ***

We park the car in front of a small cafe. I lead Demitris and William to her body, but there's a problem. I can't track her. There is no smell of blood. Even after I drain my victims bodies I can smell their blood. William noticed to.

"If there's a body, then why is there no sent?" William started to walk faster, but stopped suddenly. He turned down the alley and, if possible, his pace was faster than before. "I can't even sense her aura. What did you do?"

"Nothing! Well, not nothing, but I-"

"Show me the body!" William demanded that he be shown the body now, or else, so I took him straight to the body. Only I knew where she was, because I knew where I left her.

"What the hell?" William looked at the body puzzled.

I walked up to Cassey's body. Not only could I not smell her blood or aura, but I couldn't sense her soul. When I drink the blood of any creature there souls stay with them until William collects and destroys them.

"Where is it? Where is her soul, Lancaster!" At the mention of my last name Demitris tensed.

"Calm down William. I'm just as surprised as you." I tried to keep my voice leveled, yet I knew someone could hear William.

William lunged at me and griped the collar of my shirt, "I will not calm down! If her soul is gone, you know what that means!"

"It means she is officially dead, so back off!" I push him off, and he falls to the floor, but he comes back full force.

"It means that you killed someone who hasn't discovered their abilities yet!" William was once again griping my collar, but this time he pushed me against a brick wall. "I should kill you right now! Right here," His fangs shot down, and he threw me to the ground, and just as that happened I pushed myself up, letting my fangs show as well. I grabbed his collar, pulling him to me. Our hands curled into a fists and-

Boom!

Demitris stood there; her gun pointed to the sky, "I understand that this is something bad, like really bad, but if you're just going to fight like dogs over a bone, we all might as well just leave."

I shove William off of me, and we both retract our fangs. I look over at William, "She's right. We either come up with a solution, or leave. Your call."

William still looked livid, but he was considering his choices.

Finally he looked me straight in the eyes, "Fine, we'll come up with a solution, but that sexy idiot over there just costs us precious time. Someone, somewhere, has called the police, so we need to leave now. I'll send someone to get the body later."

He started to walk down the alley, but shot a look at Demitris, "Love, don't ever compare me to a dog."

We left, thinking about what to do next. I'm still taken aback on why this was such a big deal, but I'm sure William will explain later.
_______________________________________
I know that this chapter has taken me forever to publish, but the next chapter should be interesting! Cassey looks forward to breathing again! I also wanted to send thanks out to anyone who has continued to read, share, and vote for my book! You all ROCK!