Returning

Jason's pov

I get offstage from performing when my sister Kasi runs over with a letter. Her urgent look freaks me out. I snatch the letter quickly. Dear Jason, your cowgirl is coming home. I missed you so much. I can't wait to see you again. The war is over. I'm.... Finally coming home. Love Miranda. Whoa. I'm so shocked. My girlfriend is returning from the war. She's been serving in Iraq for two years now and I was starting to doubt ever seeing her again. I instantly call the number I was given at the bottom of the page. "H-Hello?" "Babe, is it really you? Are you really home?" "Y-Yeah. It's so great to hear your voice again. I-I thought I'd never hear your voice again." Something is wrong with her. Something is different. I don't know what. "Sweetheart are you okay?" "Yeah, where are you?" "Kansas. I had a show. I'll be over there as soon as I get a flight. Gosh hun I missed ya so much." "I missed you too Jason. But there's something you should know." What's wrong with her? "Something bad?" "It's hard to tell. I'll just tell you when you get here." "Okay, I'm on my way, hun. I love you." "Love you too, cowboy." I smile and hang up finding Mike. "Dude you need to get me a flight back home! My girl is home from the service. I need to get to her as fast as possible." "I got ya covered Jason." He starts typing on his phone. "Home to Georgia or Tennessee?" "Georgia." If I know my girl, she'll be at her parents' house. He types a few more things. "Ok there's a plane headed for Athens it leaves in 30 minutes. Let's book it." He says, grabbing his keys. We race to his dodge charger and tear outta there fast. We get to the plane just in the nick of time and I text her saying I'm on the plane. She replies with can't wait to see you.

*several hours later*

I burst through the door and call her name. Her mom appears and smiles. "Where is she?" "In her room. But Jason.... There's something you should know." Funny. She said the same thing. "What is it?" "She's got severe PTSD." From serving. "I can get passed it. I have to see her." I walk in her room. She turns around, a smile instantly lighting up her face. I hug her tightly. "It's so good to see you again." She whimpers. "I missed you so much baby." "I bet mom told you." I nod. "The doctor already diagnosed me." "It's okay baby. We can move passed it. I'm not gonna let anything hurt you again." I kiss her softly my hand on her cheek.

*later*

It's so good to have her back. I hope she doesn't have to go back again. "I'm not the same girl I was." She whispers, laying on my arm. "It don't matter. You're still my girl. You're still the girl I fell in love with. I don't care. I'll always love you." I say, squeezing her hand. "And you waited all this time?" "Of course I waited hun." I pull her close. "You're the only girl I'll ever love."