The Love Of A Boy

Jason's pov

Screams wake me up. I shoot up caught off guard and wrap my arms around my frightened girl. "Desert storm." She whimpers, clinging to me. I hold onto her.

*the next day*

I get up and start making coffee while dad was working on breakfast. "I heard loud noises last night, you two having some fun now that the baby's born." I drop my mug in shock. "Jeez dad, no! Her PTSD got her last night so shut the heck up!" "Oh. Sorry. Is she okay?" I sigh sadly. "No. This is everyday. There's no cure for PTSD. I hate that she goes through this everyday. I hate that I can't help her."

Miranda's pov

I fight back tears and lean against the wall, stuffing my hand in my mouth to muffle my crying. "It's kinda tiring day in and day out." Oh man! I'm such a burden on him!!

Jason's pov

"But I wouldn't change it for the world." The front door slams closed, making me jump. "What was that?" Dad gapes. "Mama?" I call, confused. I walk out the front door and see Miranda in her car. "What's wrong? Where are you going?" She's crying! Crap! I open the door. "Baby?" Is she having a flashback? "I'm so sorry, Jason." She whimpers, covering her eyes. "Sorry? Sorry for what?" "I'm such a burden. I hate myself. I know you're tired of my flashbacks and freaking out all the time. I'm so sorry. I'm just.... I'm gonna go.... Check myself into some nuthouse... I'm sorry!" "What the?! Baby no! I don't-" "You're tired of it. I heard you!" Crud! "But I don't want you to leave. I love you!" "I love you too but-" "But nothin' baby. You ain't goin' nowhere." I say, pulling her out of the car.

Miranda's pov

I notice our parents on the doorstop. "God I'm such a fool. Why do you love such a broken messed up mental basketcase!?" He pulls my hands down. "Don't you ever say that, baby girl. I'll always love you! Girl I fell in love with you in high school when I was a nerdy sixteen year old who didn't know the difference between love and getting laid. Baby you taught me that difference. You saved me from a life of loneliness. And don't ever doubt that I love you and don't you ever run off. Cause baby whether it be Afghanistan or Nashville I'll hunt you down." He wipes the tears falling from my cheeks. "Oh Jason!" I whimper shocked. He plants a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you. I'm so sorry. I'm crazy for thinking-" "You're not crazy. You're scared. I understand." He hugs me tight. "You're the only one who understands me." I whisper, shakily, my hands gripping his shirt so tight, my knuckles are white. "I love you, sweetheart." "I love you too."

Jason's pov

I turn around to take us back inside when I see both sets of parents standing there watching us. My mom smiling proudly. Her mom looking like she's about to cry. "Well.... I... I didn't know everyone.... Was watching us." I mumble, feeling odd. We get back inside and mom hugs me. "That was beautiful, Jason." Her mom says. Um..... "Ok." I say, confused. "What.... What exactly are we talking about?" "Oh. Pretending not to know." She says, smiling. Huh? Um... Okay? I don't know but I'll roll with it. "Who's up for French toast?" Dad shouts.

*later*

I took Peter outside. His first time since coming home. Her dad walked out. "How does he like the outside world?" He asks, chuckling softly. "He seems to like it." I say, smiling. "Hey Jason," "What's up?" "It looks like you have this under control. I've convinced the girls." Huh? "We're heading home." My eyes go wide in surprise. "Really sir?" "Yeah. You take real good care of my daughter." I smile. "Wanna hold him?" "Sure." "I'm glad you guys came down." "I'm gonna miss you.... Son." He hugs me, catching me off guard. I hug him back. "Come back to visit soon." We go back inside and I hug my wife. "Love you baby." "I love you Jay." Our parents say their goodbyes and head out. She puts Peter to bed. I smile and hold her hands in the middle of the kitchen. "You're the perfect man, Jay." I kiss her forehead. "Baby I ain't perfect." "Of course you are. Dealing with all my craziness." "Miranda, you're perfect for this crazy ol cowboy." I love being married to her. I don't care what anyone says. I'd rather die than lose her. Crazy PTSD issues and all.

THE END